Lezyne Micro Drive Rear Lights

2.5/5 (4 Reviews)

The Micro Drive Rear is the perfect compliment to its Front counterpart. In standard mode, it outputs an ultra-bright 30 Lumen red LED light. The Micro Drive Rear also features a high-visibility 70 lumen Daytime Flash mode. The light easily attaches to a wide range of round seatpost diameters via a snap-fit Composite Matrix mount, with a multi- position, silicon rubber strap for tool-less installation. The dedicated rear mount points upward to ensure light is directed straight back. It is available as a single rear LED or as 2 different front/rear pairs (Micro Drive Front/Rear or Macro Drive front / Micro Drive Rear).

Submitted by Troche a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2013

Strengths:    Very very bright, good for visibility. Great design and easy use for the USB battery charger. Love the slow pulsing mode in the light

Weaknesses:    Mounting device. Solved the problem after reading other reviews and by using a rubber O ring (24 X 2mm) to keep the light snugly fit in its mount on the seatpost.

Bottom Line:
No regrets on the product, was looking for a very bright rear light with USB rechargable battery capacity, to match my twin BBB Strike 500 lumens. Price a little bit high, but good product.

Favorite Trail:   Single trail,wood trails, and pathed bike roads

Duration Product Used:   -

Purchased At:   Cycles Gabriel at St

Similar Products Used:   BBB Highlazer rear LED light, AAA batteries
2 BBB Strike 500 lumens rechargable front lights

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Killer V900 rigid fork, totally modified and customized as a Urban bike

Submitted by Justin

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2013

Strengths:    Wicked bright.

Weaknesses:    Lasted one week.

Bottom Line:
I've had a couple other Lezyne lights before (and still do). Specifically, I have two of the Super Drives, and I love them. The Micro Drive rear flasher, well that's a different story. When I first opened the packaging I felt that the build wasn't as robust as my previous lights, but whatever it does the job. Worked great for one week then today I plugged it into a USP port to charge, it gives a green light (all charged) but will no longer turn on. I rode in some heavy snow/slush and it looks like moisture got into the light and when plugged in to charge it shorted out. For 50$ it should work under water, not crap out after one wet ride.

Submitted by ziscwg a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2013

Strengths:    Bright and lasts a long time. I have yet to take it to it's "red" level on a single ride. It looks impressive to say the least, but Lezyne stuff always does.

It seals up nice and tight. I dropped mine in the gutter when getting back just as it was raining. It fully submerged and kept flashing.

Weaknesses:    The mount is OK, not great and not up to what I consider Lezyne's standards. I actually take a small strip of gorilla tape and put it over the top to make sure it stays in. Mine did not bounce out of the mount before I did that, but I don't want to have to worry about it.

Lezyne things are a tad pricey, but they seem to last and are built better than most of their competition.

Bottom Line:
I'm very happy with mine and would buy another for a second bike, but I better buy the 2nd bike first.

I had to give it 4 of 5 because of the mount. Otherwise, it would have been a 5 of 5.

I'm not sure why the other reviewer said "it looks like muck can get in the back". Maybe he forgot to put the back on after charging because mine seals up real well with an oring.