Lezyne Deca Drive Lights

The Lezyne Deca Drive is designed with a sleek CNC-sculpted aluminum body in a compact, self-contained configuration. It features Constant Lumens power management that drives three LEDs at a steady and bright 800 lm. Overdrive Race Mode makes it possible for quick switching between Overdrive and Economy, and its Infinite Light design allows for on-demand battery replacement. The Intelligent Power Indicator button allows the user to check the power level any time. It is recharged either with fast, high e?ciency, 2 Amp recharging with a compatible wall adaptor, or via a Micro USB cable for ultimate convenience. The Deca Drive’s Composite Matrix hard mounts secure the light to 31.8 mm and 25.4 mm handlebars. It is also available in the Fully Loaded package with aluminum handlebar mounts (31.8mm and 25.4mm), a spare battery pack, a Micro USB charging cable, and CM storage case.

Submitted by Brenton Carr

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2014

Strengths:    Great lighting pattern, wide coverage and excellent beam pattern. Well made. Removable battery.
Great battery life. I got 30 minutes more time than the factory claims.

Weaknesses:    Charge indicator was virtually useless. the inaccurate battery indicator went from green to orange in a matter of 10 minutes. it stayed there until the battery had about 15 minutes of life left and then went red.
Lame mount. no matter how tight I got it on my bar, the light could be moved too easily from side to side. Also, there is no secure "click" when the light is properly seated into the mount. you need to be careful that the latch has secured the light.

Bottom Line:
The light is good-great. The battery indicator is poor, and the mounting system is only so-so.

Submitted by ziscwg a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2013

Strengths:    - Brightness. I have ridden with this on dead dark MUTs on my road bike. Seeing at 20 mph was perfect. Off road was well lit.

- Beam pattern. The light has good beam width close and decent through to see further down.

- Race mode. Being able to switch from high to economy with one push is nice.

- Replaceable battery. I don't have to worry about running out of light if I have my spare (in a proper case to prevent shorting of the terminals)

- Looks. It just looks good.

Weaknesses:    - the mount. It's strong and does not move, but it takes longer than other lights to put on the bars.

- Charge time. It can take 10 hrs to charge with std USB. I have it on an Ipad charger and it's half that (2 amp vs 1 amp). This isn't much of an issue if you have a spare battery.

It's not a good light for helmet mounting. That's not really a weakness as this type of light is not designed to go on a helmet. If you want that, the SuperDrive XL is your light.

Bottom Line:
Great light. I'm happy with it. I like the "fully loaded" kit option as the extra battery and better mount purchased separately would have been way more. The case is nice and basic, but not really needed by myself.

I have not had it very long, but I have taken it out to "test" it. I'd hate to plan some ride and my light doesn't work right.

Of the on and off road uses I have used this for, the only thing I'd change is the "race mode" lower power setting. I'd like it on the 400 lm enduro setting instead of the 250 lm economy mode.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Riz2 140 and CAAD10

Lezyne Deca Drive emitters

I'm looking for a reliable bar-mounted road/commuter light and I contacted Lezyne to inquire if the emitters used in the Deca Drive were Cree XP-G or XP-G2 and Mark Mozart responded, "Hi John, This is top secret info we don’t give out. But thanks anyways." I want a light with self-contained repla ... Read More »