Home | Reviews | Lights | Hope

Hope District Rear Lights

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The new District 3 rear safety light is bright! Now that may sound like an obvious statement - but until you’ve seen one of these on, in the dark - amongst other lights, reflectives and distractions you won’t quite believe it! The light can be used in conjunction with an existing Hope Vision 2 & 4 front light and battery unit, or as an independent item. Buy the lamp, mounting bracket and splitter cable as one item, or as a complete unit with battery and charger.The 5 function output takes minimal power from the battery, only affecting burn times by 6-20 minutes depending on mode used.

Submitted by Dallboy

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2013

Strengths:    Very bright, beautifully made, quality product, long battery burn times

Weaknesses:    cost [but worth it], flash modes are a little bright at night. Would like battery indicator

Bottom Line:
Bought this light as I was tired of recharging other rechargeable rear lights [sometimes daily] with cheap mounts that one day were sure to break. This lasts for 2 weeks at least on my commute.
Also the illuminated area is quite large.
Expensive but worth every penny to stay as safe as possible.

Submitted by cs8sz a Racer from St Albans

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2012

Strengths:    Unbelievably bright if you think 82 lumens isn’t that bright trust me this one is insane!

Weaknesses:    None I can think of.

Bottom Line:
The quality of any Hope product is outstanding, I should however say the first one I bought broke within 2 minutes of testing I then had to send it back to hope at my expense, but I did get a complete replacement within 2 days I think the first one I had, was never tested properly. Ignoring that fact this light if the perfect partner for the Hope R4 front light, quality of the machined body is great, and boy is it bright!

If you are fed up of the cheap rear lights that fall off (which my cherry bomb did) or eat batteries like it is running out of fashion this light is a must!

Purchased At:   Ribble Cycles UK