Gemini Lights Titan LED Lights

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Now Upgraded to CREE XM-L. A powerful light that suits all your needs. Includes Helmet Mount, 1m Extension Cable and Pro Head Belt. 100% Adventure ready. The 900 Lumen Titan uses a single powerful LED emitter that lights the trail with radiance. You may choose from four light modes to suit your riding needs. The high capacity lithium-ion battery ensures you have 4+ hours of trail-blazing fun on high mode. The rear LED indicator displays the charge left in your battery. Green/Amber/Red - 100/20/10% charge.

Submitted by mahuan! a Cross Country Rider from Boise, Id.

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2011

Strengths:    This light does exactly what it claims to. It's plenty bright for trail riding. It has a balanced beam pattern and impressive throw. Operation is intuitive, with a simple and easy to click button on the back of the light head. Claimed run time is an unprecedented 4-plus hours on high, though I have yet to fully test this.

Weaknesses:    The biggest problem is that this light was shipped directly to me from China. At a time when so many manufacturing jobs are out of the U.S., it sucks to buy Chinese products when there are great lights made at home. But, I could easily spend $300 plus on to get similar performance out of a light made in the U.S., Europe or Australia. Even so, I'm still not sure I made the best choice.

As for performance, there are a couple niggly things--1)the light is affixed to the helmet bracket with an o-ring and can slip a little with hard hits, and 2)When switching modes from high to low, you have to go through "off," which means you are riding in darkness for a second. Neither of these problems are a big deal for me, particularly considering the overall performance.

Bottom Line:
My initial impression after about 10 rides is that the Gemini is an exceptional product, and great value--particularly if you're not too concerned about the country of manufacture. My guess is that this light is pretty similar to the Magicshine. All in all, I give the light four and not five chilis because of the country of origin issue.

Favorite Trail:   The one my bike's on

Purchased At:   Direct from the Gemi

Similar Products Used:   Older Cygolite dual beam setup, ancient HID Niterider, cheap CatEye commuter light, and my Petzl holy-crap-it-got-dark-fast headlamp I carry in my pack.

Bike Setup:   On the trail, I ride with the primary light on my helmet and secondary light on the bars to bring out depth of field--and to have a backup. I just bought a Cygolite MittyCross 400 as a secondary. (It retails for nearly twice the cost of the Gemini for about half the light output--but it's made in California and is of very high quality.)

Submitted by Prophet bill a Weekend Warrior from PA

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2011

Strengths:    Nice and light.Provides a great beam on high was able to ride as just as fast on my local trails.Great run time at almost 4hrs.Nice case that comes with it for storage.The mounting hardware to helmet is fast,simple easy to use.Loved the nice small battery.With the extension cable able to use the helmet mount and throw the battery pack in the camelbak and dont even notice its there.

Weaknesses:    Wish i had another one to point right infront of the bike for obstacles without having to tilt my head down.So far havent found any weakness.

Bottom Line:
This is my first light and i was a little hesitant to night riding because i thought it would cost alot more for a light that made it enjoyable to ride at night.But for $130 for a great little package i think it would be hard to beat.Gave a great beam of light more than expected.Also rode right after a heavy rain in a wooded area and the light seems to be well sealed from the elements.Great light for the first time buyer or avid night rider looking for a new light.

Gemini Lights TITAN LED and XERA LED (2012)

Greetings from Gemini Lights, Due to an incoming large number of CREE XM-L units in prep for 2012, we've upgraded our TITAN LED to the XM-L. The SSC-P7 version will still be available for a limited time as we have few remaining stock left. The new beam pattern remains relatively the same with a s ... Read More »