Gemini Lights Duo LED Lights

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

NEW for 2013, is the Duo LED Light System. Gram-for-gram, it is one of the brightest lights of the year delivering a staggering 1400 lumens and weighing only 63g for the Light Head. Two CREE XM-L U2 LED Emitters drive this powerhouse - the most efficient, high power LEDs on the market.

Submitted by Will a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2014

Strengths:    Small
Lightweight
Easy to mount
Can use as headlamp
Programmable brightness

Weaknesses:    Battery case is brittle
LED battery indicator stays on/too bright

Bottom Line:
This is a very nice light and great for off road riding. I found the colour of the light to be great for judging terrain (older bluer LEDs seem more flat).

Plenty of light for the trails and the speeds I ride at night, mostly rough non technical up to 30km/h. I felt I was overrunning the light going downhill on an unlit paved road ~45km/h, if you go really fast you'll probably want more light.

I dropped the battery from 2 or 3 feet onto concrete and the plastic casing cracked. No loss in function. Some hot glue and elastics keep it together now.

My girlfriend has the Light and Motion Urban 500. This outshines that but not by a lot. The two together with the Urban 500 on a helmet and the Duo on your bars make a kick-ass combo.

I would recommend this light.

Favorite Trail:   Full Nelson

Similar Products Used:   Old BLT lead acid bottle battery with twin 5 and 7.5 watt headlights. About 1/2 hour on full!
One of the first 1/2W LED lights that I returned as it was useless off road.
Several Cateye handlebar mount 4 AA. Great cheap light.

Bike Setup:   1997 Kona King Kikapu 25lbs!

Submitted by indebt a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2013

Strengths:    Very light and has a small profile. Has a smooth even beam with pretty good range and would be more than enough light for any speed south of 30mph. Run time with the four cell battery is awesome and at half power would run the entire night. Probably my favorite feature is the UI.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness and it really isn't one, is the measured lumens fall short of Gemini's claimed 1400. At 1100 measured it is still a very impressive light.

Bottom Line:
This little package really is a major player in a field of duel emitter lights. It has the small profile and one of the best IU's in the business. It's very bright and has good delivery of those lumens. It also is getting the reputation of quality from the many owners using this product.

Favorite Trail:   Hoods N The Woods/ Credit Line.

Purchased At:   Gemini

Similar Products Used:   NiteFlux Enduro8/12, Triden-X Extra, MS808, Gemini Titan/ Xera/ Duo, Lupine Piko XPG/XM-L, Wilma-5, Wilma -TL, Betty-7, Betty-R-12's.

Bike Setup:   Rock Mountain Altitude50

Submitted by Brian Cole

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2013

Strengths:    Sensational amount of light for something so small , magnificent to be able to adjust the light in all modes in small increments

Weaknesses:    there is in my view no weaknesses for this light

Bottom Line:
Popped in to Avanti Plus Cycles Launceston Tasmania to view their range of lights , as soon as I was shown This Gemini Duo and demonstrated I Knew it was the one I needed , easy to Mount on My Trek 1.5 Road Bike with rubber O rings and velcro straps around the frame for the rechargable battery and also to my Trek Mamba when needed , amazing amount of light with 1400 lumens on full for something so small , a brilliant choice for my bikes at this price range , regards Brian

Submitted by Tim

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2013

Strengths:    Recently received this light and I am very impressed with the workmanship and quality. Very light and very bright, I run the 2 cell battery which is very light as well, and on the 100% setting I get 1 1/2 hours of 1400 lumens. The beam pattern is perfect! Long throw, no hot spots, and just the right width for going around corners - they really nailed it! Love the program-ability of the light as well, if it turns out I do a longer ride I can easily pick a lower custom setting. I personally think its the best light out there AND its very affordable. 5 Stars.

Bottom Line:
Excellent light

Submitted by cbratt a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2012

Strengths:    Small, featherweight light head, reasonable weight for 4-cell battery, very bright, easy mounting to bar and helmet, long run times, BRIGHT

Weaknesses:    Button on light head is a little difficult to push with gloved hands

Bottom Line:
Purchased this light to replace an aging Light & Motion ARC HID unit. The Gemini Duo is extremely small and lightweight, but puts out an incredible amount of light. I ride techy Michaux Pennsylvania singletrack and I was amazed at what a difference the new light made on first ride. I did not need more than 60% of max output to see more trail details and further down the trail than I ever saw before!
I use the light helmet mounted. I like the adjustability of the helmet mount and how easily the light attaches with the o-ring. I was able to fine tune the angle of the beam on the trail to get it just right and the unit is secure enough that it doesn't move without you wanting it to move. Also, the light head is so light I didn't even feel like I had anything mounted to my helmet. If you mount towards the front of helmet, it is very low profile (which is what I did).
Being able to program the intensity of low/medium/high is also very handy, but like I stated I only used the light at 60% intensity (medium) for my entire ride.
I cant' speak to longevity of this unit, but so far I am impressed. Fast shipping and good price from Action LED.

Purchased At:   Action LED Lights