Exposure Lights Blaze Lights

The lightweight Blaze Mk1 is a new addition to Exposure's extensive line of cycling lights. It fills the rear LED niche, but instead of relying on an external power source, it has its own fully rechargeable internal battery.Like Exposures headlights, the Blaze uses Smart Port Technology Plus. Essentially, it's a cylindrical plug that allows you to insert the smart charger. But, it also enables you to plug in accessories like additional LED taillights, back-up batteries, or a remote switch. You can even charge other USB-powered devices with the Blaze. It will automatically recognize each accessory and configure the system to take a charge or power accessory lights.The Blaze also shares Intelligent Thermal Management (ITM), a patented technology. If the internal temperature gets too high, the light will automatically drop down to the next lowest setting. It will remain at the lower setting until the temperature inside the housing returns to within the normal operating range.The Blaze features a CNC's aerospace grade aluminum body that houses the 80 Lumen Cree XRE LED and 1400mAh battery. This ensures the Exposure Blaze Mk1 is durable and weather resistant for a long life on the road.

Submitted by oheckler

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2015

Strengths:    -Easy to use
-Incredibly bright
-Charge lasts forever

Weaknesses:    -Expensive

Bottom Line:
I originally bought this (on sale $120 shipped) for early morning road rides during the winter months.
Once Daylight savings time hits I go for road rides in the evenings after work. I usually leave home by five for a two hour ride. Still plenty of light but I ride on narrow winding roads under the redwoods near the coast so visibility can be tricky. Recently I decided to start using my Exposure Blaze tail light just to be safe. I know the light is bright but since I never get to see it I always have wondered how visible it truly is. Well yesterday I had a rider from a local team chase me down because he wanted to know what kind of light I had. He said it was so bright he actually thought I was closer than I was. This was about 5:30 heading West so I was competing with the evening sun and he still said it was incredibly bright even from a distance!
I know this light is expensive but it’s totally worth it especially if you can find it on sale.

Duration Product Used:   1 year