Cygolite Rover II LED Lights

• Light output equivalent of 25 halogen watts
  • Extra long 3.5 to 10 hour run time on bicycling modes
  • 4 total brightness / flashing settings
  • Includes: High - Low - Boost - Flash
  • Battery low indicator integrated into the headlight
  • Cross-Fire™ design spreads the beams side-to-side for maximum ground coverage
  • Compact NiMH water bottle battery fits in water bottle cage
  • Durable shockproof LEDs
  • Overnight charger
  • Heavy-Duty Flip-Lock handlebar bracket fits oversized & standard sized handlebars

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by cyclopaedic a Weekend Warrior from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2009

Strengths:    bright white light

Weaknesses:    Flimsy tab on mount release. Standard overnight charger gives no indication whether battery is fully charged or not.

Bottom Line:
    I bought this light for winter cycling believing its claim that it was designed for the toughest conditions - yeah, in California maybe. After a week riding in sub-zero temperatures, the little tab that releases the light from its mount snapped off. I found the battery charging requires guesswork with the overnight charger and seeing that you can ruin the battery if you constantly overcharge it, the smart charger option seems a better way to go. I returned this light after a few weeks use, especially after the tab broke making it hard to take the light off. I thought about upgrading to the Dual Cross which is even brighter and has a smart charger, but it also has the same brittle tab and costs over $50 more.

Submitted by Tony a Weekend Warrior from Irvine, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2008

Strengths:    Easy to use, bright LED gives really white light.

Bottom Line:
    I’ve heard the hype about LED lights but now after owning one I see why people are into them. This light is really bright and since the color is whiter, it seems way brighter than my old halogen. The light gives two solid side by side beams which are good on the road and if I feel like I’m beginning to outrun my light, I switch to boost mode for that extra light. The battery is a short water bottle which is lighter than it looks and it lasts longer than my old light so I only have to charge it every few rides.

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Niterider

Submitted by Matt a Weekend Warrior from Lake Forest, CA , USA

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2007

Strengths:    Bright LED light, easy to use, light battery

Weaknesses:    Nothing really

Bottom Line:
    I wasn’t sure about the dropping the $$$ on the high end LED lights but at this price it was worth a shot. After a few rides I have to say I’m really happy with this buy. The light feels solid, throws out a bunch of light and has one button that rotates through high, low, highest then strobe. The mini water bottle battery feels lighter than it look and the specs say it lasts 3-1/2 hours but I haven’t pushed it this far yet. Overall, this was a good deal.

Bike Setup:   Hardrock Sport

Cygolite Rover II LED w/ Helmet Mount?

Anyone tried the Rover II LED w/ the helmet mount? It cost an extra 15 bucks but seems like it would be worth it if you're doing real twisty single track. My only concern is that the cord might not be long enough to go from my jersey pocket to the top of my helmet. Anyone have experience w/ this? TH ... Read More »