Cygolite HiFlux 100 Lights

• Equivalent to 10 watt halogen
  • Hi / Low light output settings
  • SSR optics (Solid State reflection) for maximum brightness
  • Super long runtimes of 25 hours and up
  • Non-Rechargeable frame mount battery pack

Submitted by Trail boy a Weekend Warrior from Richmond, VA - USA

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2008

Strengths:    The "c" batteries on the Hihgflux-100 provide 25 hours of run-time on high-mode - I cannot think of anything longer or better. Very good price. LED bulb life is good. Simple design, not flashy at all. For the minimilist rider who wants quality and not gimmicks. A great 10 watts. Diffuser is nice.

Weaknesses:    You must buy a helmet mount sperate. The helmet mount system ends up giving you two switches - You must turn one off to power the other one. I taped some of the excess wiring to the main cord. The turn off-switch velcro attachment is odd.

Bottom Line:
Without exception, the best quality bike light you can buy. I bought two and run one on the bars and one on the helmet. I use the diffuser on both in order to spread the beam. I keep the bar mounted unit pointed way out in order to light the debth of a long straight away and keep the helmet unit pointed closer for tight technical stuff like the Xterra in Richmond. so many lighting systems just give you alot of watts and short run time. Until they pump out 25 hours of time then those $300 - $400 systems are considered second rate. The Sherando course I do in the daylight is about six hours and no way would I trust some of those other systems to a ride like that, but I would not think twice about using this system. Anyway, you never get a perfect light system no matter what you pay (you always want more) so you might as well budget with this quality unit.

Favorite Trail:   Sheranod

Purchased At:   interntet - forgot

Similar Products Used:   Some unknonw brand, Nite-rider and another high quality off the shelf brand.

Bike Setup:   K2

Submitted by Stan Jones a Cross Country Rider from Sacramento, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2007

Strengths:    Light weight, small size, & good price. Rechargeable C cell batteries work well.

Weaknesses:    Helmet mount not included

Bottom Line:
Use it as a second light, mounted to my handlebars. I use a DualCross 200 as main light, mounted to my helmet. The combination of these two lights works great. I used them for a 24 Hour race and had over 3 hours of riding time on high.

Favorite Trail:   the one I'm riding on

Purchased At:   Price Point

Submitted by Jim a Cross Country Rider from Middletown, CT

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2007

Strengths:    Price, burn time and inherent reliability of LEDs.

Weaknesses:    Must purchase helmet mount seperately.

Bottom Line:
While it's bright enough on its own, it's really the perfect second light for riders on a budget (I pair mine with handlebar-mounted Cygolite Dual Cross).

Some may see it being powered by off-the-shelf C batteries as a negative. I like being able to easily carry a back-up power source. I purchased the helmet mount, but built a better, more adjustable, one using the barrel of an old mini-pump and zip ties.

One chili subtracted from the value rating for lack of helmet mount

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Too many to list

Submitted by Dave a Cross Country Rider from Gardner MA ,USA

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2007

Strengths:    Note: This review is actually for the Hiflux 200, same lamp, but rechargeable water bottle battery. Fairly light weight, long run times (6 hours on high, 50 on low). Nice price for the brightness.

Weaknesses:    Helmet mount its quite intuitive, and you end up having two remote switches.

Bottom Line:
Very good light for the money. LED's are very durable and will last a very long time. Only gripe is the helmet mount, instead of giving you just a cable extension, they give you an extension with another remote switch. What I did was to mount one of the switches to my helmet through the vents and left the other in my bag. Just make sure you click on the first remote switch.

If it broke I would most likely buy another, very great light. The helmet mount is the only thing that keeps it from 5 chillis overall.

Favorite Trail:   Leominster State Forest