BR Lights C2-K Lights

The secret is in the integration. The C2's highly integrated design allows for long battery life in an incredibly durable and lightweight package. If you've been looking for the next generation of super high powered LED headlight this is it. Riders and critics are raving about all the features we've crammed into this tiny package.

Submitted by cree524 a Weekend Warrior from MD

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2011

Strengths:    All in one design, no cables and external batteries.
Very quick charge rate ~ 1hr, allows for last minute rides.
Night blasting power, perfect lighting for single track.
Can be upgraded as technology advances.
Super durable construction.
Indicator light is fool proof.
Hard storage case is great.

Weaknesses:    Nonthing of significance:
Not water proof.
Boxy design (ok with me).

Bottom Line:
Incredible light! I researched long and hard on the MTBR lighting reviews. So happy with my decision, just wish I could use it more often. Even mounted it to my snowblower this past winter. Simply no way to explain the convenience of wireless operation and crazy quick charge time.
Your fellow riders won't let you ride behind them, the C2K will render their lights useless.
Since my purchase of the C2K, other companies have joined in the LED production, I'm sure there are other great performing lights now. But how many other companies will upgrade your light as technology advances?
You should have no reservations with purchasing a C2K.

Favorite Trail:   Susquehanna

Purchased At:   BR Lights

Similar Products Used:   Night Rider products(non-LED)

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain Altitude

Submitted by KH1 a Cross Country Rider from Mornington Peninsula, Vic, Australia

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2009

Strengths:    All in one packaging
Incredibly bright
Quick Charge 1.2 Hrs
Solid indestructible
Awesome spread
Excellent battery life indicator system

Weaknesses:    None that I can think of

Bottom Line:
I use this light in conjunction with the Jeni-H helmet light. This is an awesome combination of spread and spot. If you read my previous review on the Jeni H you would have seen I was a little disappointed in the amount of spread light available. The C2K has a massive amount of spread. It's hard to believe there is so much coming from those 2 small LEDs. You get about 25-30m of solid light in front and at least 5-10m of light on either side of the bike. On it's own this light is more than capable of delivering all a night cyclist would want. Combined with the Jeni it is just plain amazing. The Jeni gives you a good 15 - 20m of increased penetration up the trail from where the C2K's beam starts to run out of gas. Riding through single track is just plain fun especially when you can blast along at close to 100% of what you would during the day. The C2K offers so much light around the front of the bike I found myself using the Jeni for checking out the night critters like possums, rabbits, foxes etc. Looking up into the trees is incredibly easy to do when you have so much peripheral vision from the C2K.

Switching off the Jeni was no problem at all - just had to see how the C2K would do on it's own. I rode with a friend who also bought the C2K and at one stage he was riding in front with his lights off altogether and just using the light from my C2K coming from behind.

The look of the C2K is really cool. It's kind of like a police laser and whilst it is a little square and block looking it's definately not ugly. It looks incredibly industrial and to me that is just fine. BR show a video of a car running backwards and forwards over it whilst it is turned on with no damage to the light at all. Not that I'm going to test that out but I suspect there are very few lights that would be as strong.

So all in all this light gets the full 5 chillis from me. Highly recommended! Just an amazing light and worth every cent.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere I can find