Home | Reviews | Lights | Bell

Bell iPulse HD LED Lights

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Five high power LEDs with sculpted lens produce extreme brightness. Up to 9x longer run time than traditional Halogen or Xenon lights. 5,000 hour bulb life. Steady and rapid flash modes. No tools install / requires 4AAA batteries (not included).

Submitted by Philip Cooper a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2014

Strengths:    bright, cheap, light, lasts long

Weaknesses:    screw rattled out while I was riding and now I don't use the light: it doesn't grip the handlebar and spins around. I went out and spent a lot more on a cateye and love it!

Bottom Line:
the screw is a design fault. Either the manufacturer should supply replacement screws or redesign this so the screw can't rattle out and disappear.

Purchased At:   ASDA (Walmart)

Similar Products Used:   Cateye lights

Bike Setup:   road bike

Submitted by DudeNudem a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2012

Strengths:    BRIGHT! Low cost ($20) and small

Bottom Line:
During the week, not only can I not get to the trails but I don't get a chance to ride untill well after dark (I ride around the city to stay in shape for trail on the weekends.) I needed a light for night use and I wanted something inexpensive yet bright. After reading tons of reviews I settled on the iPulse and I am very happy I did. Light output is amazing and battery life is good too - I couldn't be happier with this product.

If you are on a budget, consider this light - I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Purchased At:   Amazon.com

Submitted by anathleticsmoker a All Mountain Rider from Redmond, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2012

Strengths:    Nice QR bracket, Single button operation is really easy to use, Amazingly surprising amount of light

Weaknesses:    4 AAA batteries, Strobe setting so fast it makes you want to seizure

Bottom Line:
Hey guys, I just bought this light as an emergency light at the Fred Meyer (crashed and broke my good one) and I must say, I don't think I'll be spending big bucks on a light ever again. The light I ended up picking up is the Bell iPulse HD LED bike light and I have to admit, it's as good or better than some of the $150 + lights I've used. If I remember correctly it was a whopping $19.99 +tax. I figured I was buying a one time use light to get home, then going to have to buy a good one later but I'm not going to do that now. I know some lights are to be seen and some lights are to be able to see and this one definitely meets the criteria for that latter. It was pitch black out for my ride home (about 15miles) and half of that was through the woods and I'm telling you, this light is amazing. I would recommend it to any one who rides at night and at $20, if you crash and kill it, it's no big deal. I wouldn't recommend this light for a hard core night rider but for a "see where I'm going ride" it works perfectly. For the price of some of the "good" lights out there, you could buy 7 of these and wow if you ran all 7 at a time, you wouldn't even know it was night time. I do have to admit the batteries kind of suck and I haven't really had it long enough to know how fast it drains em, but the amount of light they put out is insane for 20 bones. It could use a low beam but it isn't a deal breaker, the strobe function seems a little fast to me (definitely not for epileptics), but overall I would buy this light again and probably again, but that would be it.

Favorite Trail:   Palisades near MT Rainier

Purchased At:   Fred Meyer

Similar Products Used:   No cheapies used before but I have used Cygolite MiliOn 200 Headlight, and the NiteRider MiNewt.350 Cordless Light

Bike Setup:   This light got put on my Iron Horse Maverick 2.4, Marzocchi TST2 Air, Avid BB7 discs, Race Face XC crankset, Crank Bros Candy C peddles, Shimano SLX M660 Rapidfire shifter pods, Shimano SLX M662 Rear Derailleur (SGS Long Cage), WTB Speed Discs w/ WTB Prowler XT 2.3