Baja Designs Strykr Pro Lights

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Light Head Weight: 102 grams; System Weight: 470 grams; Output: 700 Lumens

Baja Designs Strykr Pro Lights Pro Review

This light measured 43 lux on our ambient light measurement facility. This is much lower than the the Stryker that measured in at 52 lux. This may be due to the smaller reflector of the Stryker Pro. Baja Designs has stumbled here a bit as this light has less features and less light than the Stryker, yet it is $50 more expensive. Continue reading →

Submitted by mtnbikerfred a Weekend Warrior from Fullerton, CA. USA

Date Reviewed: October 14, 2011

Strengths:    Lifetime warranty on the head. Not "life of the product". Forever. As long a BD is around (and I think they'll be around awhile), they'll repair/replace it. ID10T spec charger and battery (means you CANT screw them up) with 1 yr warranty, . The head is truck-proof. Yes, they actually ran one over. All of the connectors are water-proof, and very durable (see below). It comes with both helmet and bar mount, and 30" extension cord. If I'm spending good money on lights. I want them to last and be serviceable.

Weaknesses:    Uh, the waterproof connectors are hard to get apart with wet gloves, so I use my teeth. doesn't seem to hurt them. ;P

Bottom Line:
Ok. Everyone has ready the specs. The burn time is very good. the output is bright, etc. What I can't tell you is "how good" the hybrid reflector and lens in this light is. I can "see" more with it than brighter lights. On the bars, it gives a great halo up close, and a nice spot (not super hot) further away. On the helmet I have good peripheral vision

Favorite Trail:   Anything in the Santa Anas

Purchased At:   Baja Designs- trade

Similar Products Used:   Niterider tri-newt, Flight

Bike Setup:   Trance Advance SL0 aka" "Night Fury"

Submitted by Fletch 1 a Weekend Warrior from Glendale, AZ

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2011

Strengths:    Small size, high quality, solid build, good value from a industry leader.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I spoke to many people and did a lot of research on this site and others before making this purchase and I am so glad I did. I was familiar with Baja Designs because of my off road background and their reputation for almost being over built. This was no exception, as others have said, short of running a car over this thing I'm not sure you could break it. It's easy to charge, easy to set up with a great battery life. I have not even seen the Yellow status light yet let alone the Red. I am using the Stryker Pro as my only light mounted on my bars, the pattern of light is bright clean and let's me ride with confidence of seeing what lies ahead. I am very happy with my purchase and how Shannon at Baja Designs worked with me to answer my questions and provide a level of customer service that is rare these days. Thank you Shannon!

Favorite Trail:   Deem Hills Area

Purchased At:   Direct from BD

Similar Products Used:   This is my first light purchase

Bike Setup:   Specialized Epic 29er

Submitted by enzan9er a Cross Country Rider from Santa Fe, NM, USA

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2011

Strengths:    Light, compact design, great battery life

Weaknesses:    none so far, other than trying to decide whether to use the Stryker or Stryker Pro

Bottom Line:
Worked fine on XC single track on the handlebar by itself and is great for use on the helmet with the Stryker on the handlebar. Has a narrower beam than the Stryker, but more than enough power to illuminate the trail. Love the light weight when using on my helmet. Solid and tough unit.

Purchased At:   Baja Designs

Similar Products Used:   Baja Stryker, Cateye, Magicshine, and numerous Niteriders

Bike Setup:   Niner Sir9

Submitted by fighitter a Cross Country Rider from Georgia

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2011

Strengths:    Small size, good helmet mount, long battery life, waterproof light head, solid cable connections

Weaknesses:    Could be brighter

Bottom Line:
I wanted a helmet light to go with my BD Strykr and because of my satisfaction with the Strykr, tried the Pro. I like helmet mount. With a single Velcro strap, it is easy to put on and take off. The light head is completely adjustable up and down and right to left and stays where you put it. I like the waterproof sealed body. It seems like most of my rides this winter were in the rain and I would find condensation inside the lens of my Magicshine after a ride. I’ve haven’t found any moisture inside the Pro. The cable connections are solid and make a nice pop when disconnecting them because of the tight seal. I like that the battery is identical to my Strykr battery which makes them interchangeable. I put the battery in my hydration pack or back jersey pocket. The Pro’s light output is noticeably less than the Strykr but more than the Magicshine. The beam pattern is wider and more even than the Magicshine and maybe not as white. Not as much of a hot spot in the middle when compared to the Magicshine. Overall, it’s a great complement to the Strykr but I wish it had a bit more throw.

Similar Products Used:   Magicshine

Bike Setup:   Specialized epic

Submitted by tominpinson a Weekend Warrior from Pinson, Alabama U.S.A

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2011

Strengths:    Small, Rugged, Water proof, Great Warranty, Good looking light, bright,good light pattern for helmet mount and don`t forget good customer relations.

Weaknesses:    None as yet

Bottom Line:
The light is bright. So much brighter than the helmet lights I have used before. I have a Regular Strker and it has the flood & spot beam to chose from. The pro does not have this option. Why? It is much smaller and lighter. The beam on the Strker pro is prefect mounted on my helmet for my needs. I can not wait to get back out there and light up the trails.

Favorite Trail:   Trussville & Qak Mountain

Purchased At:   Won in Baja Designs

Similar Products Used:   Cygolite Mitycross 300 and Cygolite mitycross 350

Bike Setup:   2010 Gary Fisher Hifi plus 29er
set up as 2x9

Submitted by Willawog a Cross Country Rider from Hanford, california

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2010

Strengths:    Amazing amount of light, great battery life, small compact and rugged package

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I really like this light. I got it on the trade in program directly from Baja Designs. This replaced a Niterider Classic, which was a good light, but nowhere close to the Stryker Pro. I did alot of research before pulling the trigger on this light and I am glad I did. This light is bright. I ride with a group and no one wants to ride in front of me because my light washes theirs out and creates a shadow. The beam pattern is nice and wide. Not alot of difference in actual usable light between the high and low settings. Battery life is great. I have had the light about a month. I do a 12.5 mile night ride three times a week. I run the light on the lowest setting(which is plenty of light) and I just charged it for the second time. Battery life indicator is a nice feature. The trade in program is an awesome value for what you are getting and Shannon at Baja Designs provides outstanding customer service. I just bought another unit for my wife's bike.