Sigma Sport BC 1706 HR Heart Rate Monitor

The BC 1706 HR with DTS is the perfect solution for all fitness-oriented cyclists. The current, maximum and average heart rate are measured as precisely as an ECG for precise training control. Both the speed and heart rate are coded and transferred to the BC by radio waves. All bike, time and heart rate values are easily and clearly read from the 3-line display.

Submitted by barnhorse a Weekend Warrior from Las Cruces, NM

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2011

Strengths:    Works ok

Weaknesses:    Way too complicated. The buttons don't follow logical procession. I end up pushing buttons for quite a while until I somehow end up with the stuff on the screen I want.

Bottom Line:
I will try something simpler next time.

Submitted by Big Al a Weekend Warrior from Housatonic, MA. USA

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2010

Strengths:    Pretty indestructable (I ran mine thru the washing machine). Clicks on and stays on. Good big display (of speed)

Weaknesses:    Almost impossible to figure out the instruction manual - too many buttons and features, so it's hard to remember which buttons to push and how to get back to where you were when you out there totally anerobic.

Bottom Line:
Good, but too complicated. If you're a gamer geek you can probably use it well...otherwise look for something more basic

Favorite Trail:   Overlook Road

Similar Products Used:   Vetta

Thinking of buying a Sigma BC 1706 HR DTS

I was looking to buy a simple bike computer but then I came across the Sigma BC 1706 HR DTS Heart Rate Cycle Computer that I found for around 60 bucks. But I cant find any reviews on it, does anyone have it or any thoughts on it?Read More »

Sigma BC 1706 HR

I was wondering if any one has used one of these? Would like to hear all comments. ThanksRead More »