Sette Quasar F20 Heart Rate Monitor

• 30m Water resistant (Watch)
  • 10m Water resistant (Transmitter)
  • Low battery detection
  • Auto power saving.

Submitted by roy22791 a Weekend Warrior from Jefferson City, MO

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2009

Strengths:    Very inexpensive. Very Sophisticated (more than I need) Good features, 20 settings.

Weaknesses:    Read outs too small, could use fewer per single screen using the mode button.

Bottom Line:
I really like this product, even with the smaller font size. I set it for actual heart rate, time - and percent of max exercise level (based on the age you enter in set up) I entered age 55 (I am 76.5 actually) and ride at 73 - 75% of that age max. The attachment strap is different from my last two monitors - and it is very good.
I have been biking 14 years, over 14,000 miles - over 8,000 on my Cannondale.

Favorite Trail:   Katy Trail (Rails to Trails)

Purchased At:   Price Point.com

Similar Products Used:   Nashbar and Polar

Bike Setup:   Cannondale RoadWarrior 1000, hybrid. 2001 model purchased late 2000. Brooks saddle & bag, Continental Twister Pro 700-32 (great tires)

Submitted by Alan X from Illinois

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2008

Strengths:    Inexpensive. Has more functions than most basic heart monitors. Easy to set up. Reasonably comfortable.

Weaknesses:    This needs a simpler readout. Having current time and hr reading at the same time takes up valuable space. It also shows % of max heart rate and the upper and lower hear rate settings which is too much info. As a result the numbers are too small making them harder to read. I've seen better made transmitter belts.

Bottom Line:
This is inexpensive and it works. At 25 bucks if I get a season or two out of it I'll be happy. It doesn't need to have the current time showing all the time. I'd rather have it as a selectable mode to make room for larger numbers. It is nice having a readout for % of max hr. It also uses the 220-age formula to figure out max hr. I dealt with that by inputting the age that corresponded to my actual max hr.

For an inexpensive hr monitor this is a good value. I have my workouts figured out and don't need anything fancier than current hr and % of max hr so this works well for me.

Favorite Trail:   gooseberry

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   This is my third monitor.