Sette FuturaX Wireless Heart Rate Monitor and Cyclo Computer Heart Rate Monitor

If you are ready to exercise smarter, you will need a competitive training tool. Featuring wireless 18 functions cyclo computer and heart rate monitor in a sleek compact design. Click to check the FuturaX's 18 functions and other details.

Submitted by jamie a Weekend Warrior from houston

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2005

Strengths:    measures temp, heart rate, and has a clock

Weaknesses:    didn't measure any speed

Bottom Line:
i dunno maybe mine is broken or maybe there is too much interferance somewhere. but i mounted this on and it would not measure speed. it measured my heart rate though with no issues. the only time i ever saw a speed reading was when it i wasn't moving. i was going 11-13MPH while standing still. i think i will return it.

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Submitted by MrKlein a Cross Country Rider from Riverview, Florida

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2005

Strengths:    It wireless! Large display. VERY cool bracket to mount to almost any handlebar.

Weaknesses:    The range on the Heart Rate Monitor is crap. The display is not very bright.

Bottom Line:

I have bought two of these bike computers, one of me and one for a friend. My friends works great. I have not been so lucky. Mine would not read my heart rate when I was sitting up straight on the bike. I sent that one back to PricePoint and they sent me a replacement. I have now received the replacement and install it on to my bike. These one is even worse than the first one, the heart rate monitor will not pick up my heart rate unless I stand over the cross bar of my bike as close as I can get to the bike computer.
Great if you can get one that works. Do you feel lucky? Pricepoint has a good return policy and you'll need it if you buy one of these

Favorite Trail:   Alifia

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Submitted by YR a Cross Country Rider from Santa Barbara

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2004

Strengths:    wireless, multifunction, big display.

Weaknesses:    Too fancy mount - broke immidietly and I had to improvise a replacement.
visible from a very narrow angle - if you see it while seated you won't see it when standing.
And the most significant weakness: The first time I rode in a bit of rain, it filled with water and few days later stopped working altogether.

Bottom Line:
Seems good on paper but in reality isn't. Apperently you get what you paid for. Avoid this one if you can
and you might want to read my other review of the Sette Quasar HRM. B.T.W. Price Point refunded me without hassels - thank you PP.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Supergo HR1000 - still have it after 2 years and it is going strong.