Sette Futura X v.2.0 Cyclo Computer/HRM Heart Rate Monitor

2.5/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Name: User a Weekend Warrior from Russellville, AR

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2009

Strengths:    Can switch between HRM & speed for which has the largest display. Displays both all the time.
Temperature indicator. A wrench symbol appears at a programmable interval, set mine at 600 miles, to indicate that it is time for a tune-up.

Bottom Line:
After about 2 years of use, the HRM started to give false readings. Checked the battery in the chest strap. 6.59v.
After I replaced the battery everything works fine. The battery in the speed sensor on the fork was at 11.73v so I didn't replace it. Works flawlessly.

Purchased At:   thru eBay

Similar Products Used:   Cat eye

Bike Setup:   Trek road bike

Submitted by Tony a Cross Country Rider from Ellicott City, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2008

Strengths:    Lots of features

Weaknesses:    Heart Rate Monitor can be hard to get working with the computer. Can be hard to get the wheel sensor aligned so that the computer registers movement.

Bottom Line:
The features without the monitor are worth the price. I am going to replace the battery in the heart rate monitor to see if that fixes the problem of getting the HRM to work.

Favorite Trail:   Wasatch Crest

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur

Submitted by jeremy from santa barbara, ca

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2008

Strengths:    cheap

Weaknesses:    may not work

Bottom Line:
Ordered one, it didn't work, even with changed batteries in both headset and belt. Returned (thus paying S/H 2x + return postage). Second one worked (maybe I had to put in new batteries, I don't know). Now that it works, it's just fine. Heartrate monitor works fine. You can enter your pre-existing odometer mileage so that you can keep a running total. I'm using my cateye magnet b/c this magnet didn't grip bladed spokes. Sometimes the top speed is not reliable, and the thermometer is not particularly accurate. Still, $60 for a decent-looking spedometer/HRM.

Favorite Trail:   foothill road

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Bike Setup:   DBR titanium road, ksyrium sl tubulars, DA

Submitted by Mark a Racer from WI

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2008

Strengths:    The HR and speedo are combined in one unit.

Weaknesses:    The HR doesn't work and the head unit quit after 3 months.

Bottom Line:
I had it my my road bike so I could have just one unit instead of the two that were on it. I liked the idea of both the features in one unit. Then I put it on to my f900 for training.

Well after about 3 months the head unit quit working all together. From the get go the HR feature didn't work, I tried different batteries and everything else that I could think of. So I am glad to be rid of the piece of junk.

DON'T BUY THIS ITEM!!!

Favorite Trail:   Any XC one

Similar Products Used:   Trek, Sigma

Bike Setup:   It was put on my Lemond Versaille for training. Otherwise Cannondale Scalpel, Trek Liquid, Cannondale f900.

Submitted by Bill from Russellville, Ar USA

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2007

Strengths:    One set of large digits. Wireless. Heart monitor. Temperature indicator.

Weaknesses:    Bottom display, small digits. Black numbers against a grey background

Bottom Line:
When I first opened the box nothing worked. Removed the batteries & used Deoxit contact cleaner. Computer then worked but the heart rate monitor did not. Checked voltage on the 12v battery for the monitor. 3.5 volts. Bought a fresh set of batteries for $1.88 + tax. Both worked fine with new batteries. The computer has an automatic shutoff with a button activation. No buttons on the chest unit. I think it transmits all the time. If you buy this unit, clean the oxidation on the contacts & replace the batteries. Had to use the Dremel on the magnet mount to get it to fit bladed spokes.
Last 2 rides, it's giving false top speed readings (60.1 mph, rrright). Maybe its the 28 degree outside temp. Worth the money. We'll see how it holds up.

Favorite Trail:   Skyline Drive

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Sigma (crisper display of digits)

Bike Setup:   Y-Foil 66 road bike
11-32 cassette
Ultegra
Avocet O2 saddle

Submitted by Thad a Weekend Warrior from Indianapolis, IN

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2007

Strengths:    Looks really nice on the bike. I thought having a wireless computer would be nice.

Weaknesses:    It has difficulty tracking speeds under 10 mph was the first thing I noticed. After the second ride, the speed sensor was not sending signal to computer. I tinker with it, moving is around and such, and got it work. By the third ride, it would no longer detect that the wheel was turning. I used it for a heart rate monitor for a couple of more rides, but then that too stopped working. I tried replacing the batteries, which did absolutely nothing. This computer was a waste of cash.

Bottom Line:
Don't by this product, it will work for one or two rides and then just die. Spend a little more and get something that will actually work.

Favorite Trail:   Ridge Trail, American Fork, UT

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   Sigma - worked well.

Bike Setup:   2006 Kona Dawg <-- awesome bike :)