Polar CS100 Heart Rate Monitor

Heart Rate features include OwnCode, OwnCal, OwnZone and average heart rate Cycling features include speed (current, average and max), distance, etc and calorie expenditure Wireless cadence sold separately (CY0206) Data features include computer connectivity via Uplink and 1 exercise file Bar or stem mount

Submitted by bik_int a Weekend Warrior from Bahia Blanca

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2011

Strengths:    Mucha informacion en pantalla e intuitiva, los numeros son grandes y permiten una buena lectura. Luz de fondo

Weaknesses:    La banda pectoral T31 al igual que los sensores de velocidad y cadencia no permiten el cambio de bateria. Las trabas que fijan la computadora a su base son de pesima calidad, luego de 4 meses de uso se partio una de las tres trabas que posee y el aparato no queda bien fijado a su base. El servicio de pos-venta polar es deprimente!!

Bottom Line:
Sacando de lado el problema de la base es un buen aparato, da buenas lecturas y brinda mucha informacion, su luz de fondo permite entrenar con poca luz..

Similar Products Used:   Cateye,

Bike Setup:   Trek 8500

Submitted by mr_bump a Weekend Warrior from Sydney

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2010

Strengths:    Large Screen
Easy to access buttons
Accurate HR monitor

Weaknesses:    Does not register slow speeds (under 8km/h) so it is unsuitable for MTB on hilly trails
Cost of replacement speed sensors and HR sensors is ridiculous. Having non replaceable batteries on these sensors is a joke. Polar take notice of Sigma!!

Bottom Line:
Wouldnt buy another one.

Favorite Trail:   Reactor, Lucas Heights

Purchased At:   Frasers Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Sigma Rox 8 (Vastly superior to Polar)

Bike Setup:   Giant Trance x

Submitted by RockyMtnBiker a Weekend Warrior from Carbondale, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2010

Strengths:    Easy to read, set up (wireless)

Weaknesses:    It's a Polar--went kaput with the replacement of the first battery.

Bottom Line:
I've purchased two high-end Polar products (CS600 w/power and the CS100 cyclocomputer/HRM). The CS600 was defective from the factory and cost me almost $300 to get installed and has never worked (Get a Powertap!!). The CS100, as stated above, stopped working the first time I had the battery changed. I will never buy another Polar product.

Favorite Trail:   Rio Grande

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Sports Instruments, Cateye, Garmin

Submitted by LB Kloppers a Cross Country Rider from Cape Town, South Africa

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2009

Strengths:    Reliability! I have used Sigma and Cateye frustrating me from the very beginning. The polar just works with the minimum essential data of the ride.

Weaknesses:    As mentioned by another review, the sensor batteries can only be replaced as a complete sensor unit.

Bottom Line:
If you require basic reliable measurement that handles the odd wetting and rigours of cycling without compromising its accuracy this is the heart rate monitor for you.

Favorite Trail:   To Hell and Back

Purchased At:   Sportsmans Warehouse

Similar Products Used:   Sigma and Cateye

Bike Setup:   Scott Aspen 10 (2008)

Submitted by Jurcy a Cross Country Rider from Slovenia

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2008

Strengths:    When the computer works it is a good computer but nothing special. Clear, big screen with good visibility

Weaknesses:    Relatively pricey for what it offers..I rather buy Sigma BC 2006 if I will have to choose now. Pricey components(spare parts,...) and in sensors(speed, cadence) you cannot replace just battery but you have to buy a whole new sensor.The speed sensor is quite sensible for position of the magnet on spoke, it has to be very close.

Bottom Line:
I don't reccommend you to buy this computer. I rather go and buy Sigma BC 2006 for the money.

Favorite Trail:   everything in forest