Trailguru Trailguru smartphone app GPS

Download Trailguru and capture your next run, ride, walk, hike, biking trip, or any outdoor activity using your iPhone 3G’s integrated GPS.

While you are in the midst of your activty, Trailguru displays the vital statistics of like the distance traveled, duration, pace/speed, elevation, and latitude and longitude. Trailguru also enables you to visualize it on an integrated map and easily take geotagged photos for automatic upload.

However, the real power of the app comes once you've posted your activity to the Trailguru web site (www.trailguru.com), where you are able to visualize your outing on Google Earth and Google Maps, keep track of how much you've done over time with web based reporting, and learn about other places that you can explore.

Submitted by Jo

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2013

Strengths:    Provides good information for hiking. I especially appreciate the elevation info.

Weaknesses:    Not very user friendly in terms of accessing saved info

Bottom Line:
Purchased this app about 3 years ago, and have used it infrequently. Last week took a great hike and decided to activate the app, and take some pictures along the way. At the end of the day, not only was there no "track" or hike recorded, but all of the pictures I had snapped and "used" through the app have disappeared...not on my phone, not in the cloud, nowhere to be found.
Has this app and it's website been discontinued? Would have been nice to know BEFORE I took those irreplaceable pictures through it.

Submitted by mattsavage a Cross Country Rider from Portland, OR

Date Reviewed: January 20, 2011

Strengths:    Simple
Accurate
Reliable

Weaknesses:    No HRM or Speed/cadence sensor adaptability, which isn't that bad...
Shuts down when you leave the program, wont continue running if you reply to a text or answer a call. This does bother me...

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome app. It just works very well. Lets you take photos and georeference them. Loads data quickly to their website. Website is very user friendly. Very simple interface.

some people complain about not being able to download maps to use when out of cellular range, but that's not really a big deal. I just want something that tracks my ride, gives me some stats, and is reliable. if I really want to see where I am on a map, i'd carry a dedicated mapping GPS unit. And I'm not too concerned about not being able to link up an HRM. I have other apps that do do that, but I still use this one due to its ease of use and simplicity.

Favorite Trail:   Syncline

Purchased At:   Itunes Store for Iph

Similar Products Used:   Mapmyride, MotionX...

Bike Setup:   2009 Trek Remedy