Home | Reviews | GPS | Bryton

• Wireless Interface: 2.4 GHz ANT+
  • Operating Temperature: -15C° ~50 C°

Submitted by Jack

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2012

Strengths:    Does pretty much everything the top end garmin does for a 1/4 of the price.
Nice big display
Waterproof
Cheap
Fitment is easy and secure
Heart rate monitor fits well
Can use it like a bike "sat nav" when on the roads.

Weaknesses:    The software/website you upload data to can be slow/buggy sometimes
Maps arent great for offroading.
Cadence sensor can be temperamental (got mine working well now)
Battery life is a shorter, but i guess that's to do with the colour display.

Bottom Line:
I received this as an Xmas present, after deliberating over this or the basic Garmin 205(?) I just couldn't say no to all the features, the colour display, the maps, the fact it came with heart rate and cadence sensors etc etc.

I have used it on every ride since then, most of the time i just hit the record button at the beginning and again at the end of a ride. I have used it to follow a friends GPX file/route, which was good, although it did involve more looking at the screen to make sure i was going the right way (this function is probably more designed for road riding).

The website interface has come on leaps and bounds from when i received the unit, and is constantly being updated with new features, and being streamlined. I havent used all the functions on the GPS unit yet, bt i plan to try out some of the training and "buddy" training features in the near future.

At the minute there is no link up to Strava, but you can download your tcx or gpx files and upload them manually (can be a pain to do so).

Since my last ride, the navigator nipple button thing has torn, but I have initiated my warranty return and just need to pop it in the post.

All in all I'd buy one again if i needed to, and would advise my friends to buy one over a Garmin.