T.H.E. Pro Series DH Front Fender Extras

• Mud shedding flexable plastic
  • Maximum coverage

Submitted by Robert a Downhiller from Chicago,il

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2008

Strengths:    Should work as a fender??

Weaknesses:    NOT compatible with Marzocchi 888 07 double crown , very weak instalation , not sure if it will work right, get yourself case of beer instead....

Bottom Line:
When I got this fender , I thought that it is a joke from Wallmart and real one is comming , but no more packages showed up after two weeks so I took it seriously. There is NO way to install original bracket on my 888 , but they call it "PRO SERIES DH FENDER". I quess I use wrong fork for DH. So after 1/2 hour of bending original bracket so it would fit , I found another problem - screw with rubber piece and bolt (still spinning) so I can not tighten it in order to install it on my fork. Seriously guys , do not lose your time with this POS , get yourself something what realy works.

Purchased At:   internet store

Similar Products Used:   Non

Bike Setup:   Bighit fsr2 , 888 RC2XVA 07 etc.

Submitted by Kevin from Rockland County, NY

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2007

Strengths:    durable plastic fender, metal bracket, durable rubber insert for the fork tube

Weaknesses:    plastic nuts and screws? cmon.. Also hard to install since the nut spins when you turn the screw on the fender- the solution was to hold the nut with electrical tape while I turned it in the fork.

Bottom Line:
the plastic nuts and screws are cheap as hell and 2 broke so I replaced them with rust resistant hardware. If you need a cheap fender this is probably the way to go, you can't beat the price. Replace the plastic hardware with metal and you'll be golden. Buy it if you ride in the mud often otherwise it is pointless- also depends on your tire tread because my new tires fling up mud like mad compared to my old tires.

Purchased At:   JensonUSA