Sweat GUTR Headband Extras

4.57/5 (7 Reviews)

Designed to channel sweat away from your eyes and glasses, GUTR is lightweight, comfortable and completely resistant to saturation, and works great with helmets!

Submitted by BikingEd a Cross Country Rider from Gig Harbor, Washington

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2010

Strengths:    Truly works as advertised. Very adjustable, comes with three sets of bands and velcro micro adjusters. Light weight and easy to clean.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any

Bottom Line:
I love the Guter, nothing works better. I even use it when working around my ranch, playing handball, etc.

Purchased At:   Pronet Cycling

Similar Products Used:   Halo, various cotton sweat bands

Bike Setup:   KHS XC Team wth Cobalt wheels

Submitted by loiphin a Weekend Warrior from London, UK

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2010

Strengths:    Never saturates. Low profile. Easy to wash. Fully adjustable.

Weaknesses:    Some may find the looks not to their taste

Bottom Line:
Every now and then I see a product that I am just blown away by. Sweat GUTR is this product! Got mine from www.sweathead.co.uk. I have always had problems with sweat in my eyes while doing long single track rides. Especially hard with sunglasses too. But now that I am using a Sweat GUTR, which nestles underneath my helmet, I no longer have any stinging eyes and a sweat free face.

Simple but effective!

Purchased At:   www.sweathead.co.uk

Similar Products Used:   John McEnroe type headband

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain Switch

Submitted by wmph a Weekend Warrior from wmph@sympatico.ca

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2009

Strengths:    Amazing!! No more sweat in my eyes while cycling and running. I love it

Weaknesses:    No weakness

Bottom Line:
Get one- if you you have a problem with sweat running into your eyes and burning.

Purchased At:   big cycle miami

Similar Products Used:   never heard of anything comparable

Bike Setup:   road bike

Submitted by Mark a Cross Country Rider from Indy

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2006

Strengths:    It works! About 90% reduction in sweat-in-the-eyes. Silicone rubber is easy to clean, and dries faster than any of the rest of your gear.

Weaknesses:    I must have a big melon. They use "hair ties" to connect the back of the silicone headband, and I had to tie two together to keep the thing from squeezing my head too tightly.

Bottom Line:
Best solution on the market for avoiding the dreaded glasses-full-of-sweat on hot midwestern rides.

I also removed the brow pad from the front of my helmet because it would soak up sweat and then dump it all into my glasses whenever I leaned forward. Argh!

The GUTR will work alongwith a regular headband or skullcap (I love the HeadSweats shorty!), but you have to put the GUTR -below- the headband, not over it.

Favorite Trail:   BCSP

Similar Products Used:   CoolMax & cotton headbands.

Bike Setup:   Titanium Huffy with eccentric bottom bracket and 21-speed Nexus hub laced to 700c tubular rims. But I don't think it really matters when we're reviewing a headband!

Submitted by Craig a Weekend Warrior from Charlotte, NC USA

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2006

Strengths:    While not perfect, it's a better solution than skull caps/headbands which are useless when soaked

Weaknesses:    Takes some getting used to

Bottom Line:
I was somewhat skeptical of this thing when I ordered it, but I'm willing to try anything to keep sweat out of my eyes. After using it for several 90+ degree rides, it does work better than other headbands. There are times when sweat does get around it and into my eyes, but it does work better than anything else I've tried and is the same price or cheaper then other headbands.

Purchased At:   Sweat Gutr website

Similar Products Used:   Headsweats, Halo Headbands

Submitted by Mark a Cross Country Rider from Hopewell, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2006

Strengths:    It is a good product for me, since I tend to sweat a lot on my forehead. I used to try other cotton sweat bands but it was not use. So far I cannot complain...

Weaknesses:    sometimes I have to pay attention how I put on my helmet

Bottom Line:
For guy like me who sweats a lot it is good solution, hope will last me a while; plus it is not very expensive one

Purchased At:   sweat gutr show booth