Home | Reviews | Extras | SKS

SKS X-Blade Fender Extras

The X-blade is the ideal frame for any size frame. The spray protection zone is wide and long. 2 adjustment points provide a custom fit and protection. The dual compound design reduces vibration and gives flexibility to reduce problems with tire contacts.

Submitted by dgaddis1 a Cross Country Rider from Augusta, GA

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2008

Strengths:    Light, very adjustable, keeps the gunk off ya, can be put on and off the bike in seconds. Seems to hold up will to crashes.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any yet.

Bottom Line:
I've ran this fender once so far, during a six hour endurance race the day after 2" of rain. The course was a mud pit! The fender kept me amazingly clean. Just be sure to tighten all the adjustment bolts really well, mine slipped after about 8 miles, which left the fender rubbing the tire. I stopped, re-tightend everything, and didn't have another problem.

At first I didn't like the way the fender mounts to the bike (it uses a nylon strap). I would rather have had something that bolts on...but, the nylon turned out to be a good thing, because I crashed once and the fender/rear wheel hit a tree when I fell over. If the mount was rigid the fender probably would have broken. Instead, it just rotated around the seat post, so all I had to do was rotate it back and keep riding.

Favorite Trail:   FATS

Purchased At:   Andy Jordan's Bicycl

Bike Setup:   Giant Anthem

Submitted by michael(the fs9 pilot) from san jose CA

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2008

Strengths:    protects rear tires up to 26X2.75,

Weaknesses:    it dosent rain when i want it to.....

Bottom Line:
its the best fender i ever put on my bike, no wait, the BEST THING I EVER PUT* (*excluding new front tire) it works wonders, it even has a soft edge for the water shooting up and sideways, the inside is hard to prevent damage, it only touched my tire is that i try to put it as low as possable for that 'clean look" but when i need to do some MTB'ing i just make my seat higher and the fender just goes up with it, its really hard to make the fender move on a hardtail, and by hand too, with a hard landing from a jump, it only moves 1cm.

Favorite Trail:   any i can get my hands.. and bike on...

Purchased At:   sun bike shop, milptias CA

Similar Products Used:   a peice of wood.

Bike Setup:   specialized hardrock sport disc, only mods: 1 pair EBC brake pads, front tire(michellen*)