PV Bikeworks Squeal Out Extras

Squeal Out Degreaser / Cleaner. The mild, non-toxic, abrasive in Squeal Out disc brake paste works to eliminate the squeal, humming and chattering that occurs from dirty, glazed or contaminated rotors and disc brake pads.

Follow instructions for best results.

Submitted by Lou Ballini

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2014

Strengths:    It works!

Weaknesses:    You have to buy it.

Bottom Line:
I just picked up my new 2015 Trek Crossrip and the bike is great! Except for a front brake squeal. I live on the top of a really big hill and by the time I hit the bottom, everyone in my neighborhood is awake because the squeal is as loud as a fire truck. My dealer had tried to fix the squeal and he has ordered new pads. Unfortunately I couldn't wait because I was leaving the next day to do the Great Allegheny Passage and the C & O Canal and I couldn't even think about going 350 miles making a racket. I had ordered Squeal Out but it wasn't to arrive until the mail came at 4 pm. So I jumped on my bike and trolled the neighborhood until I spotted my mail carrier. Lo and behold, she had my package containing Squeal Out. I rushed home and applied as shown on the You Tube video. And now my brakes are finally QUIET! . . . . Squeal Out, I love you!

Submitted by WineDine29er

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2013

Strengths:    It actually works

Weaknesses:    Not sure how long it lasts

Bottom Line:
So my brakes were noisier than hell, and i ordered this stuff just to try. Sure enough, im 6 rides in since the first application and both brakes are still silent. Im pretty impressed with this stuff it does what its advertised to do. The only thing is make sure you follow the instructions and apply sparingly. If you apply too much you might have to remove your brakepads and give them a thorough cleaning. There is an instructional video on youtube that goes through the application process. Other than that im very happy with my purchase. Even if i have to apply this stuff periodically it is worth the effort to me to get rid of that annoying squeaking!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   29er XC

Submitted by brf4n a Weekend Warrior from santa barbara, ca, usa

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2012

Strengths:    -easy to apply
-quick
-you do not need to be a pro to use it

Weaknesses:    -none yet, maybe the time it lasts?

Bottom Line:
i cannot believe this stuff works. the braking is so dramatically different. how can such a small amount of paste fix such a huge problem? they should include this with every bike with disk brakes that is ever sold.

Favorite Trail:   jesusita

Purchased At:   amazon

Bike Setup:   motobecane fantom pro ds 2011, avid elixir cr

Submitted by Tom W. a Weekend Warrior from Dewey, AZ

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2011

Strengths:    Works well on basically all disc brake noise

Bottom Line:
This stuff works great!! If you have annoying disc brake noise, Squeel Out is the quick and easy fix. Gets rid of brake squeel, humming, chatter/vibration. Takes only maybe 10 minutes per wheel. I've used it on three different bikes of my own, and on a few friend's bikes too, works every time. : )

Bike Setup:   2010 Specialized Enduro Expert

Submitted by brian nelson a Weekend Warrior from prescott arizona

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2011

Strengths:    all good ...stopped that nasty hydrulic disc squeal first time treated

Weaknesses:    no weakness at all easy application and took 2 minutes

Bottom Line:
this is a great product and i would recomend this to anyone who is annoyed by that crazy squealing that will always be there. Zero downside and takes a minute to apply with no effect on braking at all

Favorite Trail:   painted rock thumb butte

Purchased At:   pv bike works

Similar Products Used:   dont know of one

Bike Setup:   full suspension jamis dakar xct 3.0

Submitted by 918biker a Weekend Warrior from prescott valley

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2011

Strengths:    it works great, stops the squeal and does not effect brake modulation

Bottom Line:
I had Marc at Prescott Valley Bike Works install my BB7 disc brakes but the brakes had that god awful squeal. Marc then apllied this paste on the rotors and it was like nite and day it did not squeal when the wheel was rolling and it did make a sound when the brake was applied it was silent. It was really cool, a definite must have for any cyclist with squealing disc brakes.

Favorite Trail:   any with dirt

Purchased At:   prescott valley bike

Bike Setup:   2009 gary fisher opie LX cranks, LX shifters, Avid SD7 levers, BB7 185 front 160 rear, Sun Momouth front rim, Sun Rhino-lite rear wheel Xt rear Der. 03 Marzocchi DJ 2 130mm. w/ 20 mm. thru axel

Submitted by jasman_mtber a Cross Country Rider from Oakland, CA

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2011

Strengths:    It works!
Easy to use

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I had the dreaded turkey gobble squeal that started about 20 rides after I got my bike. It drove me crazy and nothing I did ever stopped the noise for more than half a ride. It made my rides less enjoyable. The chainstay inner tube wrap trick reduced the noise a bit but it still got very loud on dusty rides. Marc @ Squealout sent me a tiny sample of Squealout and 5 minutes later, the squeal was gone! It lasted about 15-20 rides, 10 of which were very dusty. It's starting to squeal again though not as bad as before. I want that lovely silence again so I ordered some more Squealout (big jar, even though it only takes a tiny amount). It's easy (watch the video) and actually works so I highly recommend it.

Favorite Trail:   Joaquin MIller

Purchased At:   squealout.com

Similar Products Used:   Alcohol (for me and the rotors!), sandpaper, brake cleaner, inner tube on chainstay

Bike Setup:   2009 Motobecane Fantom Team, Avid Elixir CR's

Submitted by dirtyjack a Cross Country Rider from Marshfield, MA

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2011

Strengths:    It silenced the dreaded "Avid turkey gobble"

Bottom Line:
use it for those problem brakes

Submitted by jmp112564 a Downhiller from williston vt

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2010

Strengths:    Easy to apply takes less than 5 minutes. Stops squeaking, squealing, vibrations, and all the other sounds coming from my brakes. Improves braking power. It's inexpensive for what it does. It goes a long way. Awesome video at squealout.com shows how easy it is to use.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any!!!!!!!!!! This stuff works great!!! It stops all brake noise and its sooooooo easy apply.
It does temporarily kill brake power but it came back before i left my driveway...took less than 5 mins to regain way more power than what i started with before i applied the product.

Bottom Line:
This stuff is great. I was skeptical but bought some anyway. I have spent hours and hours and hundreds of dollars to try to stop unwanted squeaks and squeals and vibrations on multiple diff bikes and brake set ups. THIS STUFF WORKS!! Its cheap and goes a long way. Smear some of this on the rotors and it all goes away. I can't believe it actually works but it does. Its worth its weight in gold and i almost want to keep it in my pack for every ride so when i hear that squuueeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaak coming down the trail i can save the day!! Awesome product everyone must try it.

Purchased At:   squealout.com