ProGold Degreaser Plus Wash Spray Extras

ProGold Degreaser Plus Wash Spray ProGold's Degreaser and Wash removes grease and oil from your drivetrain and bike as well as all other surfaces. The biodegradable formula is safe for all frames (including carbon) and contains no lye, ph...

Submitted by bikeit91

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2013

Strengths:    Superb grease cutting strength that you don't get in most bike wash products. You can dilute it with water and it still works like a champ, making a bottle last a really long time. The included pump head is super reliable and always sprays. Safe on all bikes, no problems with carbon.

Weaknesses:    If you aren't paying any attention and over apply (giving yourself handpump in the process), it's not hard to blow through half a bottle while spraying down your bike. A little goes a long way!!

Bottom Line:
This is one of the best, if not the best, bike wash spay on the market. Being able to dilute with water while you wash and still maintain the cleaning integrity of the product makes it an economical wash option too. It is super effective, and with just a little brushing, will clean anything off your bike. It is an important tool for cleaning my bikes and workshop.

Submitted by careylowery

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2013

Strengths:    Cuts grease like no one's business. I dilute 50:50 with water, soak the drive train, and then wash the frame. Then I come back to the drive train and with a stiff brush and a few spins of the cranks, "BAM!" it is clean. I have used it on carbon as well as titanium frames and it has not damaged them. It also keeps my white grips looking like new. I also use it to remove mud stains from my jerseys as well as ketchup stains from my daughter's and husband's shirts.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Try it once and you will be a believer! It will make your bike look "almost" brand new again.

Submitted by Monster McConnell

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2013

Strengths:    Wow, the degreaser and wash is great and it is my second favorite ProGold product just slightly behind the ProGold Towels. The awesome thing is that this stuff works fast and thoroughly which decreases the time spent on getting the bike to shine. I appreciate that as I can spend more time riding and less time scrubbing the bike to get it clean. Also, it cleaned tar off of one of my bikes. That was awesome! Plus the price is great, especially for how well it works.

Weaknesses:    none found yet

Bottom Line:
After a successful run on the Tour Divide this summer, I treated my bike to a thorough washing and tried out the ProGold bike suite or bike wash products. My bike was a mess with dirt and mud from all across the continental divide. To be honest, ProGold cleaning products exceeded my expectations. I was expecting this process to take a day, but turns out that they cleaned up my bike fast and I was off and riding again in no time with a clean bike. Thanks ProGold!!

Bike Setup:   Moots Mooto-X

Submitted by Scott Thigpen a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2013

Strengths:    Cleans a bike up in minutes whether it's mud caked on a drive train or it's just needing a quick wash.

Weaknesses:    Like most sealed products, I never can peel that foam safety cap off with my fingers thus inadvertently spill some trying to remove it.

Bottom Line:
When I first started mountain biking I used to marvel at how people kept their bikes clean. Mine always seemed to be a mess while everyone else's looked pristine. Sure, washing your bike regularly, making sure every crevice is tended to IS important but honestly I don't have time to give my bike the "spa" treatment every time it has dirt on it. So I use ProGold's degreaser + wash.

The Degreaser + Wash is wonderful because I can spray it on my bike, go do something else and five minutes later I can hose it off and the bulk of the grime and dirt is gone. Then all I've got to do is go in with a brush and clean the rest down.

Also, here's a tip to save you a few bucks - this stuff is super concentrated so split it up and use half Degreaser + Wash and half water.

Favorite Trail:   Gold Dust, Breckenridge Colorado