ProGold Degreaser Plus Wash Spray Extras

ProGold Degreaser Plus Wash Spray ProGold's Degreaser and Wash removes grease and oil from your drivetrain and bike as well as all other surfaces. The biodegradable formula is safe for all frames (including carbon) and contains no lye, ph...

Submitted by Justin Lindine a Racer

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2014

Strengths:    Dual purpose and effective for cleaning both gunked up drivetrains and parts, as well as the best bike wash around when diluted. Basically your all-in-one product for getting a dirty bike clean.

Weaknesses:    None that I've found.

Bottom Line:
diluted use this product all the time...from mountain bike season, road racing, through cyclocross season...this is the mainstay of my bike cleaning arsenal. Used in it's stock strength, this product can be sprayed directly onto the chain and cassette to get off caked-on mud and lube. While you leave that to soak, you can dilute some more in a bucket of water and have an incredibly effective bike wash that will safely wash away mud, grime, and spilled energy drink with no problem. When you wash it all off, your drivetrain is spotless and so is the rest of the bike! By using this routine regularly I can save time having to do a more comprehensive drivetrain clean where I have to strip parts off my bike. A clean bike is a fast bike, and this product helps me keep mine clean in the minimum amount of time.

Similar Products Used:   ProGold ProTowels, ProGold Xtreme Lube, ProGold Bike Shine, ProGold Blast Off Degreaser

Submitted by Jordan Kahlenberg

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    strong enough to cut through light gunk, safer than a dedicated degreaser

Weaknesses:    None found.

Bottom Line:
This concentrated cleaner by ProGold is a lesson in smart products! Taking the time to fully degrease a gunked up drivetrain takes time and involves taking parts on/off the bike. To help avoid this, I use ProGold's Degreaser+Wash spray on my bikes drivetrain when I clean it to help cut down on the buildup of gunk and old lube and keep things working smooth. This product saves time AND money: The time it takes to take the drivetrain apart, and the money I'd be spending on drivetrain parts that wore out too fast due to a dirty drivetrain.

Once again, ProGold hits the nail on the head with another great product!

Submitted by Ben C.

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2014

Strengths:    Works just like you'd want it to, enviro-friendly

Weaknesses:    None!!

Bottom Line:
One of the best cleaning products I've ever used to clean anything. I have never before used a water-based cleaner that removes oils and greases as well as this stuff does. Leaves no residue, and makes things like chains, cassettes, and wheels shine like new. The label instructions recommend diluting with water for general-purpose cleaning, so what I do is pour half of the concentrated bottle into another container and use this for cleaning drivetrain parts. I then fill the original bottle to the brim with water and use that to clean everything else, I can usually get four or five washes from one bottle this way. The bottle comes with its own spray nozzle, which is a nice touch, and this cleaner is biodegradable and eco-friendly so there's no worries about using it right out on your lawn. Great stuff, good price, quality product.

Submitted by Armand a Racer

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2014

Strengths:    The easiest degreaser/cleaner that I have used. It cut through all the crud that a mountain bike attracts. ProGold Degreaser+Wash will easily clean your over lubed chain so you can then put ProGold Extreme Lube on it.

Bottom Line:
This truely is the best cleaner/degreaser that I have used. Once I started using ProGold products, I threw out everything else that I had. You don't have to over use the product either...a little goes a long way. Dilute ProGold Degreaser+Wash 3 parts water to 1 part ProGold and that is all you need to clean with. If you don't believe any of the reviews here, just try it once and you will believe in the product.

Submitted by SketchyD

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2014

Strengths:    Works beyond well, removes the nastiness - grease, old dirty lube, mud, blood, tears etc...

Bottom Line:
I use this product primarily on drive trains, where degreasing products tend to show whether they're up to task or not. Happy to report "no news is good news," it works exactly as intended and advertised. I'd recommend this to any shop, home mechanic or rider looking to keep their drive train AND bike looking good.

Submitted by bikeit91

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2013

Strengths:    Superb grease cutting strength that you don't get in most bike wash products. You can dilute it with water and it still works like a champ, making a bottle last a really long time. The included pump head is super reliable and always sprays. Safe on all bikes, no problems with carbon.

Weaknesses:    If you aren't paying any attention and over apply (giving yourself handpump in the process), it's not hard to blow through half a bottle while spraying down your bike. A little goes a long way!!

Bottom Line:
This is one of the best, if not the best, bike wash spay on the market. Being able to dilute with water while you wash and still maintain the cleaning integrity of the product makes it an economical wash option too. It is super effective, and with just a little brushing, will clean anything off your bike. It is an important tool for cleaning my bikes and workshop.

Submitted by careylowery

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2013

Strengths:    Cuts grease like no one's business. I dilute 50:50 with water, soak the drive train, and then wash the frame. Then I come back to the drive train and with a stiff brush and a few spins of the cranks, "BAM!" it is clean. I have used it on carbon as well as titanium frames and it has not damaged them. It also keeps my white grips looking like new. I also use it to remove mud stains from my jerseys as well as ketchup stains from my daughter's and husband's shirts.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Try it once and you will be a believer! It will make your bike look "almost" brand new again.

Submitted by Monster McConnell

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2013

Strengths:    Wow, the degreaser and wash is great and it is my second favorite ProGold product just slightly behind the ProGold Towels. The awesome thing is that this stuff works fast and thoroughly which decreases the time spent on getting the bike to shine. I appreciate that as I can spend more time riding and less time scrubbing the bike to get it clean. Also, it cleaned tar off of one of my bikes. That was awesome! Plus the price is great, especially for how well it works.

Weaknesses:    none found yet

Bottom Line:
After a successful run on the Tour Divide this summer, I treated my bike to a thorough washing and tried out the ProGold bike suite or bike wash products. My bike was a mess with dirt and mud from all across the continental divide. To be honest, ProGold cleaning products exceeded my expectations. I was expecting this process to take a day, but turns out that they cleaned up my bike fast and I was off and riding again in no time with a clean bike. Thanks ProGold!!

Bike Setup:   Moots Mooto-X

Submitted by Scott Thigpen a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2013

Strengths:    Cleans a bike up in minutes whether it's mud caked on a drive train or it's just needing a quick wash.

Weaknesses:    Like most sealed products, I never can peel that foam safety cap off with my fingers thus inadvertently spill some trying to remove it.

Bottom Line:
When I first started mountain biking I used to marvel at how people kept their bikes clean. Mine always seemed to be a mess while everyone else's looked pristine. Sure, washing your bike regularly, making sure every crevice is tended to IS important but honestly I don't have time to give my bike the "spa" treatment every time it has dirt on it. So I use ProGold's degreaser + wash.

The Degreaser + Wash is wonderful because I can spray it on my bike, go do something else and five minutes later I can hose it off and the bulk of the grime and dirt is gone. Then all I've got to do is go in with a brush and clean the rest down.

Also, here's a tip to save you a few bucks - this stuff is super concentrated so split it up and use half Degreaser + Wash and half water.

Favorite Trail:   Gold Dust, Breckenridge Colorado