ProGold Bike Wash Extras

ProGold Bike Wash (Great for carbon and all frame materials)

Submitted by Sarah

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2014

Strengths:    This product is absolutely amazing! Not only does it clean up the bike and get off all of the stuck on road goo and dirt, it makes the frame shiny as new! Plus, you don't need to use a ton to get the bike looking fresh. Love this stuff!

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
I've used this product on road and mountain bikes - it's great, great stuff!

Submitted by Tanner Browne a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2014

Strengths:    The bike wash is so quick and easy. You just spray it on and wipe it off and your bike is super clean. I love it

Weaknesses:    There are none

Bottom Line:
When i clean my bike with ProGold Bike Wash its so quick and easy i don't have to fuss with anything. My bike looks brand new and shining. I am not affraid to go out and get it muddy cause i know that ProGold Bike Wash will get it looking like new again.

Submitted by madison mcdaniel

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2014

Strengths:    Works quickly and gets the grime right off.

Bottom Line:
After a ride I don't want to spend all day cleaning my bike. ProGold bike wash takes the time out of cleaning. Spay, scrub and rinse.... done.

Submitted by Wendi Sebastian

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Works quickly and cleans grease right off without scrubbing.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
ProGold's products are top notch and this is another fine example proving just that. My drivetrain is always grimy and before this product I would spend so much time trying to clean it perfectly. Now, all I have to do is spray down the bike with water then spray on 'bike wash' all over the drivetrain, bike & wheels. Let it sit a few minutes and then wash it off. Surprisingly, even without any scrubbing, the grease and grime just comes right off the drivetrain & bike.

Submitted by Michael Romanowski

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Simple to use and cuts down the time it typically would take to clean my bikes. Just spray it on let it sit and rinse off. So simple to use.

Bottom Line:
Another great product from ProGold! I barely have to scrub my drivetrain when using this and it comes out looking new! Just spray it after a quick rinse with a hose and let it sit. After sitting for a few mins just rinse it off. No pressure washer need with this product!

Submitted by Jordan Kahlenberg

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2014

Strengths:    Perfect strength, reduces time & effort, extremely versatile

Weaknesses:    None found.

Bottom Line:
ProGold's bike wash is easily the best cleaner I've used on my bikes. I am not shy about telling people how much I hate the tedious task of washing my bikes, but thanks to ProGold's bike wash (and other products) I have minimized the time and effort involved with keeping my rides clean and working great.

My typical routine with most bikes is to spray down the entire bike with a garden hose, knocking off any large chunks of mud & dirt. Next, I'll take ProGold bike wash and spray down everything but the wheels (they come later!). If the drivetrain is relatively clean, I'll use a bit of ProGold Degreaser+Wash. If it's really gunked up, I'll use the foaming degreaser and scrub it down, rinsing it off real quick before moving on. Next, I spray down each wheel w/ bike spray, scrubbing them down (wheels & tires) to get them clean. Last, I spray the entire bike off with the garden hose leaving it looking as if it's never touched dirt. This takes 10 minutes tops per bike.

For the showroom finish, I'll hit the frame with bike shine and it's good to go for another day in the dirt. The bike shine also keeps the frame cleaner in-between washes.

Thanks ProGold for making some of the sickest products out there!

Submitted by Emily Shields

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2014

Strengths:    I live in the mountains so it works great for cleaning off all the nasty salt and snow!

Bottom Line:
This is perfect for cyclocross. My bike gets so dirty almost every weekend during the season and it works great for making my bike look brand new again!

Submitted by Coomer a Racer

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2014

Strengths:    Cuts the grime, without being too harsh. Biodegradable as well. Works on fabric too!

Bottom Line:
I've been using Pro Gold bike wash for 3 years now. I spray and let sit for a couple minutes then hit with a hose and cloth- and maybe a brush for more stubborn areas. Rinse and done.

Works well on mud/grime spots on jerseys too- use it like a pre-treatment.

Works just as well on my Aluminum cross bike as it does on my carbon mtn bikes.

Submitted by DPTJones

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2013

Strengths:    Great for.cleaning frames, drivetrain, and wheels.
Quickly removes dirt, road grime, grease, and winter salt build up.
Perfect to use pre- and post ride/race
Price.

Bottom Line:
ProGold Carbon Bike Wash is an excellent for cleaning all of your bikes, whether they are carbon, aluminum, etc. Just remove the wheels. Spray it on a terry cloth towel or old T-shirt. Then begin by wiping the frame. Wipe off the handlebars and shifters. Now the chain and derailleurs. Finally the wheels. A few sprays on the rag will last through the whole bike with no hard scrubbing needed. Rim braking surfaces will shine again. Great cleaner when you need a quick clean, such as the mornings.before a race.

Submitted by Jason a Racer

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2013

Strengths:    Good price point.
Works great on all bikes and parts.
when used regularly makes cleaning much faster.

Weaknesses:    Can't think of any..

Bottom Line:
This is my go-to bike wash for all of my bikes, works equally well for Road, MTB or 'Cross bikes, I will usually just spray my bike down with a hose to get all the loose dirt off then spray with the ProGold Bike Wash and let sit for a little while, it really helps to loosen up any caked on dirt and makes cleaning a snap I use it on the whole bike.. frame, drive train, wheels etc.. when used regularly it really makes bike cleaning a breeze. Get a good sponge and a set of brushes to go with it and you are set to tackle any muck the trails can throw at you.

Similar Products Used:   Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner

Bike Setup:   Kona Big Unit 29er
Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 26er
Specialized Allez Elite
Surly Cross-Check

Submitted by Andrea138

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2013

Strengths:    Will clean a bike and drivetrain with little to no scrubbing. Also can be used as a grease stain pre-treater in your laundry as well as a bike shoe cleaner (gets your Mavics back to bright yellow)

Weaknesses:    Not good as a baby shampoo

Bottom Line:
Try this- all you need is a hose, a brush for your chain, bike wash, and 10 minutes. Hose the chunks of mud off of your bike, then spray it down with bike wash. Brush the bike wash into the drivetrain, then let it sit in the shade for 5 minutes. Hose off well, and BOOM, your bike is pretty damn clean. Of course, if it's really skanky when you start, or if you want it super-showroom clean, you should include some extra brushing and cleaning in all the nooks & crannies.

Pass'Portes du Soleil Morzine, Free bike wash and tech on hand at Hotel L'aubergade.

Hey all, We just wanted to let you know we have loads going on at our Hotel L'aubergade in Morzine this weekend if you are in town for Pass'portes du Soleil. We have Full English brekkie starting from 6am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, take away and eat in, lot's of different types starting at ... Read More »

Morzine accommodation from €28 per person per night, free bike wash and loads more

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know we still have space at our Hotel L'aubergade in Morzine which gives you access to the whole of the [B]Portes du Soleil[/B]. The terrace out of the back of the hotel backs on to the Pleney which accesses [B]Morzine and Les Gets[/B] and has a [B]free bike wash ... Read More »

Clicking coming from bike while coasting after wash. What is it? (Video)

I recently cleaned my one month old Northrock XC6 for the first time, since I got all of my lubes and a chain cleaner. I used this video for basic guidelines: youtube.com/watch?v=wadJMR4PvMA One of the steps involved spraying the drive train with simple green (Very strong degreaser) and brushing it. ... Read More »

Best way to wash bike (especially forks and shocks)

Hey all, Just got my first FS bike and have some questions on how to clean it. Is there anything special you need to do when cleaning the fork or shock? Just some soap and water , low water pressure to rinse and towel dry? What is the best soap to use? Lots of people say just a bit of dish soap ... Read More »

Bike Wash Goes Bad Video

Well, that isn't the way I wash my bike. :eekster: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNLN0uX0uw0&feature=player_embedded]Mountain Bike Takes a Ride in Class 5 Rapids.wmv - YouTube[/url] Read More »