Planet Bike Speedez Fenders Extras

The Planet Bike Speedez 26"/700c Quick-On Fender - Works well with different suspension forks including reverse arch forks like Manitou. Hardware pre-installed Speedez install quickly with noTools, made from all-weather polycarbonate. Stainless steel hardware, 26" and Hybrid models include mudflaps Item Specifications MTB Color Black Unit of Sale Set Width 60 mm FenderTire Fit

Submitted by nobgoblin

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2013

Strengths:    Quality, durable construction, installs to suspension forks and frames without eyelets.

Weaknesses:    As with any fender, may not fit all frames.

Bottom Line:
Bought the SpeedEZ ATB fenders for my full suspension bike.

Installed easily to the suspension fork (disc brake). I used the included snap-on clip with a short bolt since my fork has a threaded hole in the back of the fork bridge (instead of zip ties as in the instructions). I think they should include 2 clips with the mounting kit.

Installation of the rear was a bit awkward since the seat stays on my frame, though angled conventionally, are offset forward by an inch or two, making the arc of the fender offset from the wheel. Also there was a bit of interference with the brake cable housing, since it's routed at the top of the stay.

I ended up buying V-stays for the Cascadia fenders and using add-on fender eyelets (from Portland Design Works) at the quick release skewer. Now it is mounted solid. Planet Bike sells spare parts (stays and mounting kits) separately and ships them for free, which really helped with my tricky install. It's also reassuring to know that if a part gets broken or lost you can replace it easily.

These fenders are the best solution if you have a full-suspension or otherwise atypical frame and want more coverage than clip-ons can provide.

Freddy Fenders Speedez suspension fork mounting

[I]For reasons that make a lot of sense (to me), I prefer to fit fenders to my bikes ~ so please don't tell me I shouldn't![/I] I like the look of the Freddy Fenders Speedez ATB fenders, but I have my doubts about attaching them to suspension forks. I assume they are designed to go [B]under[/B] t ... Read More »