Orange Seal Cycling Tubeless Sealant Extras

Orange Seal Tubeless Sealant works fast every time. For those of us that have made the switch to tubeless wheels, we have all experienced successes and failures with the sealants on the market. These failures usually come in the form of either clumping of the product, or its inability to do its job of actually sealing a puncture. Orange Seal performs with success in mind. Orange Seal is the new “Gold Standard” in tubeless sealants by being light weight and utilizing nano technology to help seal the toughest of punctures. Orange Seal can seal punctures that other sealants cannot. Our sealant is compatible with most bike tire systems and is eco-friendly. Orange Seal Tubeless Sealant works hard so you can reach the podium.

Submitted by CP

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2014

Strengths:    First conversion after research and decided to go with this over Stan's due to ease of use even though a little more pricey. Converted Giant SXC2 with rapid rob tires 650b. Used the 24mm tape conversion kit. Works great and will never go tubes again.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Great product.

Submitted by Tony

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2013

Strengths:    It works and it works well!

Weaknesses:    None that I've found so far.

Bottom Line:
A longtime user of Stans, I was handed some of this stuff to try a while back. I didn't think there would be much of a difference, but I was very surprised how how much better it works. For me, it has sealed a puncture larger that the 1/4" they advertise.

After years of using mtbr.com for researching products, this is the first thing that I felt absolutely compelled to write a review on - it's that good.

Submitted by Josh a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2012

Strengths:    From what my experience has been compared to the other stuff it seals much larger punctures faster. Also it seals the sidewalls of my Conti RK ’s much better than anything I've tired period!

Weaknesses:    Stains a bit. But I love Orange

Bottom Line:
It rocks!

Favorite Trail:   South Boundry Taos, NM

Duration Product Used:   6mos

Similar Products Used:   Stans, Cafe latex

Bike Setup:   Voodoo Canzo

Submitted by Dane

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2012

Strengths:    Does the job well (without quickly turning into a collection of rubber bands).

Weaknesses:    None, so far.

Bottom Line:
Converted a 24x3 Duro Wildlife Leopard unicycle tire to "ghetto" tubeless. Setup works great after 3 months or so. Shortly after doing the conversion, I got a large mesquite thorn in my tire. I didn't notice it until I got home - it sealed around it just fine. When I removed the thorn, it sounded like I was deflating the tire at the valve, so I gave it a spin. After spitting out a small amount of orange sealant, it sealed up fine, and I haven't had a problem since.

The tire's ability to retain air pressure has improved with use.

Even in San Antonio heat, I can still hear liquid sloshing around in the tire when I shake it. I tried Stan's previously, and in my experience, this product seems superior.

Submitted by Afrobiker a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2012

Strengths:    Quick sealing. Easy to use applicator. Definitely stays in liquid form longer.

Weaknesses:    turns your fingers Orange....not really a weakness but I don't work for Willy Wonka. lol

Bottom Line:
Been using this for about 6 months now. Always had trouble setting up tubeless until I started using it. Seats well, seals up quickly and usually can get a bead sat even with a floor pump. Had a 3 inch gash in my front tire during my last race and it sealed up within 25ft of getting it. Like the other user, I lost fewer then 3 psi!

Great product, great costumer service, and really friendly reps! Making Texas proud.

Submitted by Brad

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2012

Strengths:    seals up faster, seals bigger holes and stays liquid longer.

Weaknesses:    none, so far... Highly, highly recommend!

Bottom Line:
I was handed this product over two years ago from a friend, but as I usually am, I was spectical. I'm not a raving fan of Stan's, but it was what I had become accustom to using over the years. So, I gave it a shot in a new set of wheels and tires I had just purchased. A few things stuck out right away, first, it is orange! Second was the tire seated up very quickly with no leaking at all. So, ok no biggy I thought. I noticed the next morning that the tires lost a few pounds of pressure (nothing I wasn't used to with Stan's) I added a few back in, then noticed over the week the tires didn't loose much air at all! I had put a few rides in on the wheels, then had my first puncture with OrangeSeal in my rear tire with arround 5 or so miles till the end of a race. I heard the puncture, then felt the mist spraying over me for about 3 or 4 revolutions of the tire, then it stop! I was affraid my tire had lost a lot of air, but did not want to loose my second place position. So, I barried my head and rode as hard as I could and finished in the same position. After I caught my breath, I looked at the tire and found a huge gash. Very evident by the orange sealing it up! I put my pressure gauge on it and the tire only lost 3 lbs of air! Blew my mind!!!
I'm still riding that same tire! Since then, I've switched all my tires over to Orange Seal and have not had one flat! Lots of cuts and punctures, but not one flat.
I don't know what's in it and don't care... Just keep making it!!

Am I inadvertently drying out my tubeless sealant?

Recently I converted my MTB and Monstercross bike to getho tubeless with great results. I ride my Monstercrosscheck to and from the trail so I leave home with 50psi and air down to ~25 at the trail and then back up for the ride home. My question is, since the tubeless recipe I'm using is part wate ... Read More »

Tear in my first tubeless tire - do I need to patch or will sealant help? (pics)

So I have been making some upgrades to my mountain bike in preparation for spring riding once the weather turns nice. I have never used tubeless before but I have some brand new tubeless wheels+tires and was very excited to get out on the trails. I've taken the bike around the blocks a few times t ... Read More »

Tubeless with no sealant?

Has anybody tried car repair spray? It can replace sealant and also can inflate the wheel. Is it crazy? Will it work? I need no residue sealant in the tire, as the bike will never taste nothing but pure snow.Read More »

Tubeless - With sealant or take the tire plug and patch route?

After a frenzy of forum reading, I'm going tubeless on the rear wheel with the Nevegal SCT (26") on an i23 rim. I have some Stans sealant en route, but I've heard that described here as an unnecessary mess. I'm not in a thorny area, so any thoughts if I should simply go the tire plug and patch route ... Read More »

Do Enve Wheels & Tubeless Ready Tires Need Sealant?

I mounted tubeless ready Maxxis HighRoller 2s on my Enve wheels last night without sealant and both of my tires are flat this morning. Do I have to add sealant or should they hold air for at least a night without sealant? (Yes, my wheels are taped with Enve's sealant tape. Maybe that's why they'r ... Read More »