Orange Seal Cycling Tubeless Sealant Extras

Orange Seal Tubeless Sealant works fast every time. For those of us that have made the switch to tubeless wheels, we have all experienced successes and failures with the sealants on the market. These failures usually come in the form of either clumping of the product, or its inability to do its job of actually sealing a puncture. Orange Seal performs with success in mind. Orange Seal is the new “Gold Standard” in tubeless sealants by being light weight and utilizing nano technology to help seal the toughest of punctures. Orange Seal can seal punctures that other sealants cannot. Our sealant is compatible with most bike tire systems and is eco-friendly. Orange Seal Tubeless Sealant works hard so you can reach the podium.

Submitted by Tony

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2013

Strengths:    It works and it works well!

Weaknesses:    None that I've found so far.

Bottom Line:
A longtime user of Stans, I was handed some of this stuff to try a while back. I didn't think there would be much of a difference, but I was very surprised how how much better it works. For me, it has sealed a puncture larger that the 1/4" they advertise.

After years of using mtbr.com for researching products, this is the first thing that I felt absolutely compelled to write a review on - it's that good.

Submitted by Josh a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2012

Strengths:    From what my experience has been compared to the other stuff it seals much larger punctures faster. Also it seals the sidewalls of my Conti RK ’s much better than anything I've tired period!

Weaknesses:    Stains a bit. But I love Orange

Bottom Line:
It rocks!

Favorite Trail:   South Boundry Taos, NM

Duration Product Used:   6mos

Similar Products Used:   Stans, Cafe latex

Bike Setup:   Voodoo Canzo

Submitted by Dane

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2012

Strengths:    Does the job well (without quickly turning into a collection of rubber bands).

Weaknesses:    None, so far.

Bottom Line:
Converted a 24x3 Duro Wildlife Leopard unicycle tire to "ghetto" tubeless. Setup works great after 3 months or so. Shortly after doing the conversion, I got a large mesquite thorn in my tire. I didn't notice it until I got home - it sealed around it just fine. When I removed the thorn, it sounded like I was deflating the tire at the valve, so I gave it a spin. After spitting out a small amount of orange sealant, it sealed up fine, and I haven't had a problem since.

The tire's ability to retain air pressure has improved with use.

Even in San Antonio heat, I can still hear liquid sloshing around in the tire when I shake it. I tried Stan's previously, and in my experience, this product seems superior.

Submitted by Afrobiker a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2012

Strengths:    Quick sealing. Easy to use applicator. Definitely stays in liquid form longer.

Weaknesses:    turns your fingers Orange....not really a weakness but I don't work for Willy Wonka. lol

Bottom Line:
Been using this for about 6 months now. Always had trouble setting up tubeless until I started using it. Seats well, seals up quickly and usually can get a bead sat even with a floor pump. Had a 3 inch gash in my front tire during my last race and it sealed up within 25ft of getting it. Like the other user, I lost fewer then 3 psi!

Great product, great costumer service, and really friendly reps! Making Texas proud.

Submitted by Brad

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2012

Strengths:    seals up faster, seals bigger holes and stays liquid longer.

Weaknesses:    none, so far... Highly, highly recommend!

Bottom Line:
I was handed this product over two years ago from a friend, but as I usually am, I was spectical. I'm not a raving fan of Stan's, but it was what I had become accustom to using over the years. So, I gave it a shot in a new set of wheels and tires I had just purchased. A few things stuck out right away, first, it is orange! Second was the tire seated up very quickly with no leaking at all. So, ok no biggy I thought. I noticed the next morning that the tires lost a few pounds of pressure (nothing I wasn't used to with Stan's) I added a few back in, then noticed over the week the tires didn't loose much air at all! I had put a few rides in on the wheels, then had my first puncture with OrangeSeal in my rear tire with arround 5 or so miles till the end of a race. I heard the puncture, then felt the mist spraying over me for about 3 or 4 revolutions of the tire, then it stop! I was affraid my tire had lost a lot of air, but did not want to loose my second place position. So, I barried my head and rode as hard as I could and finished in the same position. After I caught my breath, I looked at the tire and found a huge gash. Very evident by the orange sealing it up! I put my pressure gauge on it and the tire only lost 3 lbs of air! Blew my mind!!!
I'm still riding that same tire! Since then, I've switched all my tires over to Orange Seal and have not had one flat! Lots of cuts and punctures, but not one flat.
I don't know what's in it and don't care... Just keep making it!!

Is Stan sealant necessary for tubeless tires?

Is Stan sealant necessary for tubeless tires? Do all current generation of tubeless tires need sealant? My old Specialized ground control tires don't have sealant at all. I don't care if I get a flat. I just walk back to the parking lot.Read More »

Blown out tubeless Kenda Sealant compatible tire

I have the new set of 29er Mavic crossmax SLR rims, decided on kenda small block eight tubeless using sealant compatible tires. They sealed up perfectly then added the stans thru the valve core no problem, aired them up to 40 psi and all is good. I checked the air today and no air loss, yeah! So i a ... Read More »

I'm TUBELESS! ... so do I really NEED sealant?

I laced up a pair of Mavic XM819 UST rims to my King hubs and and mounted up some Maxxis Ignitor UST tires. I went for a little street spin last night after I got the bike back together and just to expiriment, I aired up the tires and didn't use any of the Stans sealant that I have here. The tires h ... Read More »

Tubeless - stem sealant leak but holds air great

I did a search, but I didn't see anything quite like this. My tires hold air great. I lost no pressure at 60 psi over a week while we were out of town. The bike sat. When we came back, I did notice a little bit of sealant dribbling out of the stem and down the tire. Is this anything to be ... Read More »

Running tubeless with standard tires/rims - no sealant

Hello all. I picked up an '07 Stumpjumper Elite for a great deal this winter. It wasn't local, so it was shipped to me with the tires completely deflated. (The tires are brand new) I haven't taken the tires off to confirm, but judging from the air that was leaking around the valve stems, I'm pret ... Read More »