Leeches Glueless Patch Extras

2.22/5 (18 Reviews)

Leeches Glueless Patch

Submitted by deano a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2012

Strengths:    Very quick puncture repair

Weaknesses:    Can't think of any!

Bottom Line:
Used these leeches self adhesive Patches for the last year
I would definitely recommend them quick and easy
To fit never let me down fixed friends punctures and
They are all converted too!

Favorite Trail:   verderers

Purchased At:   halfords

Submitted by Bertone a Cross Country Rider from Glos.

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2004

Strengths:    Brilliant, never fail, even when your hands are covered in mud. Like all repairs, just make sure its clean. I have one tube with seven leech repairs on it and I've never used glue since trying these. 100% reliable - they make permanent repairs. Had a double puncture recently but forgot my repair kit. I found one tiny leech pull tab stuck inside my camelbak and it worked. For the second puncture I managed to peel off a few mm of an old leech patch, barely sticky, but hey, that worked too. These dodgy repairs held up all week until I put new leeches on. Have faith!!

Weaknesses:    None, can't see where these reviewers went wrong, but then you'll never convert glue sniffers.

Bottom Line:
Don't use anything else - where's my endorsement fee Ampro?

Purchased At:   everywhere

Similar Products Used:   Park patches - now these I find totally without stick and limp and hopeless in anything but bone dry conditions.

Bike Setup:   GT i-drive. SIDs, Fox Float RC

Submitted by Neil A a Weekend Warrior from U.K

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2003

Strengths:    Easy to use and extremly quick without causing a mess.

Weaknesses:    Must get patch dead centre and onto a dry surface.

Bottom Line:
Don't knock them untill you have tried them.The product is easy to use,cheap and fast.Does exactly what you need it to do.I will definately continue to use them.My friends after being told about them have started using them and agree.WE USE THEM MAINLY ON OUR MOTO-X BIKES!!!

LEECHES ARE THE WAY FORWARD.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   Halfords

Bike Setup:   I use them on my moto-x bike and bmx.

Submitted by a monty a Weekend Warrior from yorkshire England

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2001

Strengths:    None that i can think of exept they stop things rattleing in a repair tin if there is some space

Weaknesses:    THEY EXIST! takeing up precious space in a repair kit dont stick, dont stick cant get backing off in the cold.

Bottom Line:
DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY unless you like walking home after a flat or carry a spare inner tube.

Favorite Trail:   owt

Purchased At:   Halfords

Similar Products Used:   good old rubber solution and propper patches

Bike Setup:   scott

Submitted by Dave Morris a Weekend Warrior from Wales

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2000

Strengths:    Light, compact and convenient

Weaknesses:    They just don't work!!!! They retain pressure for a few hours, a day max. They seem to stick OK but gradually let you down at work, overnight etc. Don't rely on them and don't leave your old puncture repair stuff at home, cause pre-glued patches will strand you in the wilderness.

Bottom Line:
Glue and tyre levers may be hassle, but do the job properly yourself once only and get back on your bike. Pre-glued patches? they're small enough to take along as a LAST RESORT, but you'd better hope that doesn't mean somewhere inhospitable or your last best hope could leave you in real trouble.

Favorite Trail:   Afan Argoed

Similar Products Used:   Various similarly useless pre-glued nightmares.

Bike Setup:   Kona MTB and Kona singlespeed, handbuilt triathlon bike

Submitted by NED a cross-country rider from CA

Date Reviewed: March 11, 1999

Bottom Line:

I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THE GLUELESS PATCHES ON THE MARKET. LEECHES ARE THE WORST. THEY TRIED TO COPY THE ORIGINAL
INVENTORS OF THE GLUELESS PATCH ANF DID A TERRIBLE JOB.PARK, SKABS, INNOVATIONS, TAIWAN, PERFORMANCE, SCHWINN,
ARE ALL SECOND RATE COPY CATS.. THE OLDEST GLUELESS PATCH
AND STILL THE BEST IS SPEED PATCH MADE IN THE USA.
LOOK FOR YOURSELF WWW.SPEEDPATCH.COM

Submitted by Steve a cross-country rider from Denver, CO

Date Reviewed: January 12, 1999

Bottom Line:

THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK! THESE THINGS DONT WORK!

Submitted by steve woodward a racer

Date Reviewed: November 5, 1998

Bottom Line:

I've used these for year without ever having a problem, quick and easy to use,
Ideal for races and last, even in a wet and muddy British winter. Don't see
why other have had problems, I carry mine round in a film container which keeps
them sticky, which may help.

Submitted by dave a cross-country rider from VErmont

Date Reviewed: June 12, 1997

Bottom Line:

These patches really suck. I have yet to have one hold for more than a few minutes!! what a pain in the ass to be a few miles into skeeter infested woods and walk out Don't buy these patches cheaper to carry cheap tubes along.

Submitted by javier meneses a racer from london

Date Reviewed: June 6, 1997

Bottom Line:

Worst thing I've ever tried on my bike. Nothing as the good old stuff.

Submitted by Leech Defenders a weekend warrior from UK

Date Reviewed: May 21, 1997

Bottom Line:

Well..... what can I say, there was I thinking leeches were preaty good, they stick to the tube and fix the damm puncture. So what's wrong with them?? they don't even need glue!!!!

Submitted by craig ward a weekend warrior from scotland

Date Reviewed: May 16, 1997

Bottom Line:

These things suck just so much!! When I saw them in the shop I thought that my days of mucking about with glue and stupid patches were over. I tried them out over a few weeks and not one of the damm things would work on any puncture I got. The puncture just blew a bloody great hole right in the middle of the thing!!

Submitted by John Mount a weekend warrior from Orem UT

Date Reviewed: April 28, 1997

Bottom Line:

Put one on my tube and it blew right through. Major bummer, plus slightly bent rim (you all know the drill). I keep my Stumpy's pressure about 70 psi and it just wouldn't hold. Nothing holds as well as a new tube, but something has to get me home. Oh well, back to the old glue-ons.

Submitted by Neiertz Tom a racer from Mondercange (LUXEMBOURG)

Date Reviewed: January 15, 1997

Bottom Line:

I'm using Leeches since '96, and I never complained about them. You stick them on the hole and go out and ride.
Where's the problem

Submitted by Loic Gueraud a cross-country rider from France

Date Reviewed: November 7, 1996

Bottom Line:

Once upon a time I tried Leeches which didn't work; now i use rustines

Bell Glueless patch kit

I just tried out the Bell patches on a nail hole and so far so good. I was wondering what other peoples' experiences were with this product. I read a negative review at another site and wondered what the longevity of the seal would be. I don't use any sealant in my tires or slime bands either. S ... Read More »

Removing glueless patch glue?

Anyone know if it is possible to remove the glue from a glueless patch? I've had several come off my tubes, and I would like to replace them with vulcanized(glue) patches. I tried using sandpaper, but it doesn't really work. (The glueless patches were old....) Thanks.Read More »

Duct Tape: Emergency Glueless Patch

Here's a simple tire tip: Tear off 2 or 3 small peices of silver duct tape and tape them to the inside of your tire (both front & rear). Apply the tape in layers to maintain the adhesive's "gumminess". If you are out on a ride with no spare tube, simply peel off a piece of the tape and use it ... Read More »