Endura MT500 Overshoe Extras

To avoid the pain of defrosting your toes when you get done riding, pull on the Endura MT500 Overshoes before your ride. These overshoes utilize a nylon-faced neoprene for maximum warmth and weather protection. On and off is a breeze too, thanks to the rear zipper. Rubber toe caps and textured soles offer further protection from the elements, and spare you the embarrassment of falling on your face when you're climbing that muddy hill.

Submitted by Bnystrom

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2013

Strengths:    Snug fit
Won't pop off the toes
Easy to walk in, even in snow
Appear to be well constructed

Weaknesses:    Neoprene doesn't breathe

Bottom Line:
Initial impressions:
I purchased MT500s in size XL to fit size 45 Bontrager RXL shoes (the shoes fit the same as Sidi), but when I initially looked at the overshoes, I thought they would be too small. They did stretch into place OK and they are a snug fit. One thing is certain, they will NOT pop loose at the toes like my other booties do. This would be true, even if I didn't use toe spikes, which I do. They don't come with toe spike holes, but it's a simple matter to add them with a leather punch

So far, I've only had the chance to do one very short ride in moderate temps, but so far, so good. They're comfortable, stay in place and provide good traction when walking in snow. I hope to get them out in sub-freezing conditions shortly, to see how warm they are. As I get more ride time with them, I'll update this review.