Home | Reviews | Extras | Boone

Boone Titanium Wedding Rings Extras

BOONE Titanium Wedding Rings

Submitted by rarelle a Cross Country Rider from Central FL

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2010

Strengths:    Light weight and durable

Bottom Line:
I'm not an active biker but tripped over this website and felt compelled to share my review......

I bought a wedding ring for my husband from Bruce and Linda nearly 9 years ago. The ring still looks fantastic and we've never polished them (although I am considering it now that I saw a previous review showing what they used).

We are looking to get additional rings made and as my husband is allergic to metal I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Bruce provides amazing service and knowledge - lastly his turn around time can't be beat.

Submitted by Blunugget a Weekend Warrior from Cascade, WI USA

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2010

Strengths:    8-1-1 Ti...what else is needed?

Bottom Line:
I do not bike but had to rate Bruce's rings.
We received our rings, from scratch, in a few days...just before Christmas, EXACTLY the way they were ordered & ours were very custom!!
Bruce is a charm to work with...too bad he does not make cars, tools, stereo equipment & everything else!
I would recomend Bruce Boone's rings over anyone elses as delivery is 10 times faster & ours were 45% less expensive than any of the 10 other companies we searched.
We would not even consider dealing with anyone else!
Thanx Bruce!

Favorite Trail:   My back yard

Purchased At:   Directly from Bruce

Similar Products Used:   Gold wedding bands

Bike Setup:   1966 Harley FL

Submitted by Ed Burgess a Racer from New York

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2007

Strengths:    Looks Good

Bottom Line:
Boone is now making Carbon Fiber insert Titanium Rings again!!!!!!
Bruce has located a source for the smallest carbon fiber pattern available.
Just received my ring today & it is perfect. 1/4 the weight of my gold wedding band so I should be faster this year!

Favorite Trail:   Cronomer

Similar Products Used:   Gold

Bike Setup:   SS

Submitted by David Edmeades a Weekend Warrior from Gainesville, FL

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2006

Strengths:    135 kpsi tensile _grin_

Light, inert, made exactly to my specs. The inside profile is, as he says, very comfortable without rocking on the finger.

Weaknesses:    None that I can tell

Bottom Line:
Bruce is fantastic to work with. I was able to send him 2 autocad drawings for the 2 rings and he did a custom-milled one for my wife and a custom laser-ceramic one for me.

It took 3 days for him to go from a bar of stock to 2 finished custom rings.

Follow his instructions and advice. Go to a local jewelry shop and get sized with their metal sizing rings. Try to find a set that is similar to the width that you want. Try to conceal your mirth when you realise that the rings you're trying cost 10 times what you're going to pay and will take weeks or months to get to you.

Purchased At:   boonerings.com

Similar Products Used:   Silver ring w/ garnet triangle

Bike Setup:   trek 1500 road configured for commuting--kevlar tires, squishy saddle, etc.

Submitted by Nick a Weekend Warrior from Tacoma, WA

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2003

Strengths:    Inexpensive
Custom made exactly the way you want it
Beautiful & unusual
Very comfortable, durable & LIGHT!!!

Bottom Line:
This is the best deal going -
Bruce will custom make it to your exact specifications. I used to avoid wearing my old uncompotable, missized wedding band, but now I rarely take this one off. It's so comfortable & light. When it gets a bit scratched, I just lightly polish it with Never Dull polish or scouring powder & it looks as good as new.
When Bruce finished it, he sent me a pic of the finished ring; it was a bit too raised for me, so he milled it down to where I wanted it. Excellent customer service!

Favorite Trail:   Numerous in Capitol Forest

Purchased At:   direct from Bruce

Similar Products Used:   Crappy gold wedding band

Bike Setup:   New Jekyll - yummy!

Submitted by Rico a Cross Country Rider from Shawnee, KS

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2003

Strengths:    Lightweight, strong and comfortable. Boone gives very good customer service.

Weaknesses:    The polished finish style won't stay polished and shiny under heavy use, but this would happen with any metal.

Bottom Line:
I think Boone rings are a great deal! The people at Boone were real responsive in helping me choose and fit my ring and I felt they had great customer service. It was manufactured, shipped and arrived incredibly quickly too (2 days I think!), way faster than my wife's platinum band which we ordered from another vender the same day.

As for the ring itself, it is light and comfortable. Also an added benefit has been the protection it gives my finger and hand. I've moved heavy things and dropped them on my hand, and the ring prevented my fingers from being crushed. I don't think gold would have done that!!

As someone else mentioned, I do think I would go with the brushed finish rather than the polish since it does end up looking brushed after a while anyway.

Submitted by Ekim a Cross Country Rider from Owings Mills, MD

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2002

Strengths:    Quality craftsmanship. Titanium! Light and looks great. Bruce Boone is great to deal with.

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a super cool wedding band or just a plain cool Titanium Ring...look no further than Bruce Boone and Boone Titanium Rings. He has a wide variety of rings to choose from. And he is the only place that I am aware of that offers 8-1-1 Titanium (the strongest made I believe). Plus Bruce used to make Titanium Mt. Bike Cranks! How cool is that!? My ring is light, strong and I honestly think it will help my Mt. Biking (well maybe not...but It is still Ti).

Thanks Bruce!!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   all of Avalon

Purchased At:   250http://members.aol.com/bboone5619/rings.html

Bike Setup:   Stock Gary Fisher Surgar 3+ Disc

Submitted by Shawn a Cross Country Rider from Seattle, WA

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2002

Strengths:    6Al4V Ti
durable
superficial scratches actually look good
weighs nothing
always looks great
stays clean
nice sound when spun on counter
unique material
cool ring color
came with wife
believe it or not, it BOUNCES off the ground when tossed just right

Weaknesses:    only Ti I own that doesn't improve bike performance
wearing it means I'm not single anymore

Bottom Line:
Ti is the very best ring material for someone like me. I would have dented a ring made of anything else by now. And my scratches would erode away any of the precious metals because they're so soft.

To me, yellow gold is ugly, white gold is boring, silver is cheap, and platinum it too soft and precious to put in my care. Titanium has such a cool "gunmetal" color, it's light enough that you don't know it's on (friends with traditional wedding rings are jealous of the weight), and it's more durable than anything I can do to it (if my finger is still attached, then there's no doubt that the ring is in great shape).

[As an occasional bonus, there is also the smug pleasure in seeing the funny look on the faces of other married bike enthusiasts that seems to say, "Why didn't *I* think of doing that?"]

Bruce was terrific in working with me to get the size correct, and even allowed me to make a width change during the process, causing him to have to remake the ring. His turnaround time was shockingly fast. Since the material is cheap, it appears that he makes a good buck on the actual value of the ring. But considering the cost of his equipment, his work to program it, the manual finishing process, and the back-and-forth to ensure a satisfied customer, his price becomes very reasonable and his profit margin is small. $95 for a wedding ring to last a lifetime is a great value!

One tip: Consider getting the "brushed" finish, because as the ring is scraped and weathered, it will basically acquire this finish anyway. But that would be true of any common ring material.

Favorite Trail:   shhhh -- secret!

Purchased At:   http://members.aol.com/bboone5619/titaniumrings.html

Bike Setup:   Merlin Echo, Mars Elite, XTR, Dave's Wheels, Thomson/Thomson, ...

Submitted by Jacob Bogie a Cross Country Rider from Tempe, AZ

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2000

Strengths:    Ultra Light Weight.
Strength and durability of Ti.
Great Finish.
Sizing and feel are right on the money.

Weaknesses:    none so far......

Bottom Line:
If you want your wedding band to last forever and be beautiful as new....then get a set of Boone Ti rings.
It seems senseless in this kind of lifestyle to wear an expensive ring when you know your hands are going to be in places where the ring will get chipped and gouged.
And does it feel ever so good to slip on this lightweight beauty! Matches my bike nice too!

Thanks a lot Bruce Boone!!!

Jake