Athletes Ideas Roof Rack Reminder Extras

2.33/5 (3 Reviews)

A warning system that reminds you of overhead cargo! The complete system uses two components to Protect Your Overhead™. A bright yellow warning diamond attached to the inside of the garage door reminds you to check for cargo before pulling into the garage. The static cling winshield decal reminds you of the cargo when traveling, it includes a place to note the vehicle's minimum clearance requirement for easy on-the-go reference!

Submitted by John Perry from Denver, CO

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2007

Strengths:    Finally, a complete warning system reminding me of my cargo while traveling and when returning home! The garage mounted warning diamond is highly visible and worked flawlessly. The static cling windshield decal is an eye catching yellow and provides a place to write my minimum clearance requirement which is a helpful reference before driving into a restricted height opening.

Weaknesses:    If this could disengage my transmission when I approach a low clearnance, it'd be fool proof!

Bottom Line:
For $15, this is a complete and well designed reminder system. Installation was a no brainer and I like having the option of leaving the reminder in place or removing it when I am not using it. The Roof Rack Reminder gives me peace of mind that I won't forget my overhead cargo!

Purchased At:   www.StartToFinishSports.com

Bike Setup:   Road - Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Mountain - Specialized

Submitted by Marcella Baldwin a Cross Country Rider from Boulder Colorado

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2006

Strengths:    It is good to have a reminder that my bike is on top of my car but.....

Weaknesses:    I need something bright, fun and easy to attach to my windshield that doesnt block my vision. I was given this product but like a BIKE ON TOP sign that I found in a Boulder store much more. It has has a strong suction cup, it's really eye-catching colorful, and I can find it easily in my console. It's also alot less expensive at $4.99. It's just cooler. The e-mail on the packaging for the BIKE ON TOP sign is DamageControlPlease@msn.com

Bottom Line:
I use my BIKE ON TOP sign. I didnt like this one.

Favorite Trail:   sourdough

Purchased At:   gift

Submitted by Marcella Baldwin a Cross Country Rider from Boulder Colorado

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I use my BIKE ON TOP sign. I didnt like this one.

Favorite Trail:   sourdough