Vetta VL110HR T2X Computer

• Energy saving sleep mode
  • Auto fire-up & NiteLite with SmartLite function

Submitted by pinhead1 a Cross Country Rider from Los Angeles, CA USA

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2008

Strengths:    Easy to set up and use.

Weaknesses:    Developed electronic instabilities within 6 months.
Replacement did same thing.
Started losing information during rides and zeroing out.
Began to indicate that battery was dead even though it measured 3.2vdc (just like new).
I think Vetta hired laid off electrical engineers from Fiat to design their bike computer circuitry.

Bottom Line:
Do Not Buy a Vetta Bike Computer. They sell an inferior product.

Similar Products Used:   V100HR previously. It had same problems.

Submitted by red dog a Racer from Avilla, IN, USA

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2008

Strengths:    Wireless; Has heart rate monitor, speed, cadence all in one unit. Light weight, easy to set up and use. Fantastic night light.

Weaknesses:    Batteries go dead very quickly. The heart rate monitor is not nearly as good as a Polar. It seams slower and not as accurate when reading the heart rate. The head unit losses signal and pauses during rides occasionaly. Will not work when it's cold outside.

Bottom Line:
I primarily ride the roads and MTB for a break from the pavement. I purchased the Vetta VL 110HR T2X in November 2007. At first I was very pleased with it. It has the capabilities for 2 bikes, which is what I wanted for my Madone and Equinox 9. I wanted HR integrated with my cycling computer. I was tired of having my HR watch attached to my bars and with my TT bike, I couldn't see my HR easily. The Vetta was exactly what I was looking for. After about 3 months the problems started.

It will not work for long under 32 F. The batteries won't keep it on. Never had that problem with Cat Eye. The heart rate reading jumps around a lot and seems slower to read and is inaccurate compared to Polar. What I mean is that it will read 176 then jump to 182 then back to 172 with the precieve exertion the same. My polar would climb and decend in the HR more fluid like (I hope you understand what I'm saying). The batteries go dead very quickly and you will need to replace them often. I've had to replace the batteries in the torpedo and head unit 3 times in 8 months! I've had to replace the heart rate strap battery 2 times.

Customer Service??? Do they have customer service??? I've called them, e-mailed them, my LBS has called them NUMEROUS times and they never get back with you.

I will not buy another Vetta. Just somewhat satisfied with their product. Definitly not worth the price.

Similar Products Used:   CatEye Strada, Cat Eye Astrale8, and Polar F8 Hear Rate monitor.

Bike Setup:   2006 Trek Madone 5.2
2001 Trek 4900
2008 Trek Equinox 9

Submitted by Angus Benson-blair a Racer from Kentucky

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2008

Strengths:    Functions, ease of set up, having both the speed and cadence sensors in one unit. In short, when this works it is a fantastic comupter and I was initially very very happy with it. Vetta customer service was great. They replaced the unit without quibble however in the 2 weeks it took to get the replacement I had bought a Garmin Edge 305 with speed and cadence for the same price. Needless to say my Vetta is now on Ebay!

Weaknesses:    After a short while the battery ran out- much sooner than it should have. More importantly it would stop receiving the signal from the speed cadence sensor for minutes at a time to the point where it was skewing up all of my training data.

Bottom Line:
If reliability on my computer was a one off then this is a good computer and probably worth getting unless you are luckly like me and can find a Garmin Edge 305 for the same price!

Purchased At:   Cant remember- off the web