Home | Reviews | Computer | VDO

• Easy-Menu-Control EMC
  • Auto Start/Stop

Submitted by paul

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2012

Strengths:    Nice computer while it works

Weaknesses:    Lasted 4months and about 1300 miles than it rained a little and the transmitter quit working. tried to contact vdo for some help and guess what no response.

Bottom Line:
Good computer if you live in arizona or something . Save a few more bucks and get something else . Customer service sucks.

Submitted by M3D a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2008

Strengths:    Very clear and concise to read and operate highly accurate.Very easy to use once you read the manual. 5 year warranty.

Weaknesses:    Sure they could give you a better mount for the handle bars instead of zip ties, but it seems all computers are going to zip ties. Must mount to left size of bike only (in instructions)

Bottom Line:
After reading a few reviews about cateye products, I was starting to become a little unsure about buying the right computer the first time. Price really did not matter, what matters was form and function, and I wasn't completely sold on the CATEYE computers.

Since VDO makes gauges for high end sports cars/boats etc. I figured they probably can get a bike speed sensor right, and they did.

The things I like the best are the very clear readouts of the functions.
The ability to reprogram the life time odometer at any time, (if you accidently reset it or if the battery goes dead)
Sure it took a little ingenuity to install the wheel speed sensor, since my fork isn't exactly 6mm next to the spokes, but I was able to mount the sensor inward towards the the spokes, and then use electrical tape over the zip ties to prevent any future movement. This speed sensor is digital, and wireless and accurate. I'm not sure if any speed sensors have more that .5 mph increments, so that really was not a concern. It also does not have a light, but I don't plan on riding in the dark.

Take the plunge try something different!

Favorite Trail:   None Yet

Purchased At:   REI

Bike Setup:   2009 Cannondale F4

Submitted by Davezila a Cross Country Rider from Alexandria, VA

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2008

Strengths:    easy to read, color matches my bike, vdo reputation

Weaknesses:    speed display readout only show in increments of .5 mph

Bottom Line:
Well it is an overal good performer. Easy to read and reliable. HOWEVER, this is the first computer I ever bought that had the VERY LAME speed display that only reads in half-mile increments. That "feature" bugs the crap out of me whenever I ride and look down. I guess this is just another thing I need to look out for when I buy a new one.

I miss my old Speedzone with the backlight.

Favorite Trail:   DC Freeride