Specialized Turbo 2 Elite Computer Computer

2.6/5 (5 Reviews)

• Wireless speed sensor
  • Triple line dot matrix readout
  • Convenience of a wireless design
  • Electroluminescent backlit display

Submitted by kirk j a Cross Country Rider from highland park, ca

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2007

Strengths:    big display, lots of useful info, easy to navigate around the menus, and a backlight for night riding.

Weaknesses:    cut out dead after 2 years.....very susceptible to outside interferences like trains and generators.

Bottom Line:
not bad......it served its purpose

Favorite Trail:   venice beach

Purchased At:   Incycle Pasadena

Similar Products Used:   currently stepped up to the garmon edge 305

Bike Setup:   trek 2300 pro

Submitted by Babs a Cross Country Rider from South Riding, VA USA

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2007

Strengths:    Lot of features

Weaknesses:    When I got the computer, the cadence part didn't work. I contacted Specialized and asked them to send a new part for that. To their credit, they sent a whole new box with everything. The computer worked more or less OK, but it was easy to accidently push it out of the handlebar mount by pushing the buttons.
Yesterday I found that there is a problem with the speed part. I checked the magnet on the wheel and it's passing just right next to the device on the fork. And the computer seems to be seated properly. So who know where the problem is. Like I have time to trouble shoot this?

Bottom Line:
Too many problems. It's just a computer. I've heard better reviews about CatEyes. They're supposed to be cheaper and they are supposed to have more of the numbers on one screen where I don't have to keep pushing the button to keep viewing the different info. I'll have to give up the cadence for a cheap Cateye, but I don't really need that anyway.

Purchased At:   online (I think) from Specialize

Bike Setup:   Specialized Sirius (I have this computer on my road-like bike with it's gravel road setup)

Submitted by Ty Hughs from St.Paul,MN

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2007

Strengths:    I was totally suprised to learn that it cooked me breakfast and showed me how far i have gone on my bicycle. I just sit on my bicyle and pedal. and presto! it tells me how fast, far, but if i stare at it too much i am likely to hit a car or person which would be unhealthy for all involved. Oh, i like the big easy to read display and was a very useful and inexpensive product as far as bikes go.

Weaknesses:    It does not speak a word. I'm not sure what it is powered by? what type of batteries will i eventually need since i tossed the little book with it.

Bottom Line:
great product for the price

Favorite Trail:   moon

Purchased At:   60

Similar Products Used:   nada

Bike Setup:   well, i got 2 wheels, and too much more to mention.

Submitted by Tom a Cross Country Rider from San Diego

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2006

Strengths:    Good mix of features, water resistance, reliability

Weaknesses:    Slightly awkward control system

Bottom Line:
I've been abusing this for two years now, and it's still working great. I've used this all through last year's out of character rains in San Diego, as well as riding with it through constant rain on a vietnam trip.

The thing has been drenched in water, covered in mud, smacked, and generally abused. While I've made a dozen different bike repairs, this thing just keeps humming along.

The only downside is a somewhat awkward control system, and you end up "looping around" a lot to get to the information you want.

Favorite Trail:   Nobel Canyon

Bike Setup:   Specialized Expert Disk

Submitted by ray a Racer from toledo

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2006

Strengths:    this is for the turbo pro.. temp time cadence and inclinometer work frawlessly.. however 2 weeks after my warrantee ran out so did its ability to read the wheel sensor ( the main reason people buy any bike computer) tech support at specialized told me they never heard of this problem.. however ive read on the internet that the wireless elite and pro computers both have this problem.. I guess if they acknowledged it theyed have to recall them all... unless you feel real lucky dont by any specialized bike computer.. oh by the way the other specialized computer (the one with the analog face dies in the heat of the day and in direct sunlight.

Weaknesses:    specialized wireless computers look good at first but fade fast... not reliable at all.

Bottom Line:
dont buy any specialized wireless computers.. VDO makes good puters at about the same entry point.

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   vdo advocet nashbar, currently polar.. till it dies ( ive heard bad things about the polars too.. time will tell)

Bike Setup:   I own 5 road bikes set up for different road conditions.