Specialized 02 Speedzone Comp Computer Computer

2.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Our easy calibration mode makes the Sport ultra-easy to set-up and our big buttons and a large screen makes it as easy to use as a coffee cup. Nine total functions.

Submitted by Daniel Rosso a Cross Country Rider from London

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2006

Strengths:    Lookes great, small, didn't make me look like a nerd

Weaknesses:    Didn't last, after about a year the numbers started to fade and it became difficult to read them. Tried a new battery but no joy.

Bottom Line:
Maybe I got a bum computer but with all things Specialized...buyer beware!

Favorite Trail:   Devil's Punchbowl

Purchased At:   CBO

Similar Products Used:   CatEye Enduro 2

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Isis (Too Sweet!), Mavic 717 rims with Hope Bulb hubs, (Sweet!) Fox Vanilla forks, easton bars, TruVative Cranks and scram shifters, with a scram casset.

Submitted by Lance Lowry a Cross Country Rider from Fullerton

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2003

Strengths:    Cool looking, low profile design. Doesn't make your bike look dorky. Easy display to read.

Weaknesses:    Numbers could be bigger. Mounting is a little cheesy but you get what you pay for. Computer is not removable

Bottom Line:
The mounting to the fork is with zip ties and it is easy to nudge the reader while taking off your fork or bumping into it. It is easy to put it back in place though. I was also dissapointed to find you cannot remove the computer. For $30 bucks I am happy with it. The numbers are a little small but, unless you are blind you can read them. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't see the point in spending $80 for a computer. It does its job. If I had the money I'd get wireless. I would recommend this to a rider who doesn't lock his bike up anywhere and doesn't mind adjusting it once in a while. For the price, it is a decent deal.

Favorite Trail:   Fullerton Loop

Purchased At:   specialized.com

Bike Setup:   Giant Warp DS3, Prodigy DH cranks, Raceface FR BB, titec bar/stem

Submitted by Patrick a Weekend Warrior from Georgia

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2002

Strengths:    Display is cool looking but not very easy to read while riding. The blinking needle was hard for me to read.A lot of features for the cost.Large buttons make changing mode very easy.

Weaknesses:    Hard to get the sensor and magnet to link up to each other.I hated the way it looked when I had to strap the sensor to my front forks.( Cheap Looking )
My biggest problem with the computer was that the sensor would move around on the bike forks, because of the vibrations of the bike and then the sensor and magnet would not be close enough to each other to register any data. This was a problem for me and I did not even get my bike off road!
I am sending this one back to Specialized and I am going to try the wireless version.

Bottom Line:
Buy it only if you plan on riding on very smooth pavement.

Purchased At:   www.specialized.com

Similar Products Used:   CatEye OS, Older Model of Specialized Computer.

Bike Setup:   2002 Specialized Expedition Elite

Submitted by Noah a Cross Country Rider from Los Angeles, CA

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2002

Strengths:    I can't really find any.

Weaknesses:    This is a very bad design, in every way. The LCD segments of the speedometer are way too small and confusing to look at, with so many functions crammed in. The "analog" clock only runs in 5 minute increments -- why??? It's too large, as wel. Very bad ergonomically...their old design was far superior. The buttons feel cheap and don't always work...do not waste your money on this thing!!!!

Bottom Line:
See above. I would not recommend this computer to ANYone. I understand what they were going for, but in real-ride use, this thing is a dud.

Purchased At:   Supergo