Sigma Sport BC1600 Computer

4.11/5 (9 Reviews)

The BC1600 is the top of the line cyclecomputer from Sigma Sport.

Submitted by MICHAEL a Cross Country Rider from CHINO HILLS, CA

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2008

Strengths:    Easy to install
Accurate
Easy to read

Weaknesses:    Set-up wasn't bad. I had to play around with it and read the instructions carefully. Still didn't take to long.

Bottom Line:
What else could you ask for $26. As long as you don't mind the wire running down your fork. I've taken it on two long, rough rides and it seems like it can take a beating.
This product would be useful to any cyclist as long as you don't need calories burned, which I could care less.

Favorite Trail:   Chino Hills State Park

Purchased At:   REI

Bike Setup:   08' Motobecane Fantom 29Pro---Stock set-up

Submitted by Mark Schibi a Downhiller from Cincinnati, OH, United States

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2007

Strengths:    Super Dee Duper Product

Weaknesses:    n/a

Bottom Line:
Buy this and you will be happy. It made me happy to test the waters

Favorite Trail:   Happy Trails, NC

Purchased At:   Rainbow Cycles

Similar Products Used:   none, this was my first time..... just testing the waters

Bike Setup:   Rainbow Classic 240

Submitted by dave a Cross Country Rider from boise

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2005

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    not durable broke two units both under a year of use

Bottom Line:
I carefully routed the wires on both computers to both my bikes so as not to stretch them out on full extension of forks,they both stopped working under a years time,no signal from transmitter,I give up on computers on mountain bikes,who needs them

Purchased At:   jenson

Bike Setup:   hard tail ibex,trek fuel 90,santa cruz heckler 05.

Submitted by Albert Osorio from Zurich, Switzerland

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2005

Strengths:    Looks sleak and not hard to mount. Very exact when not dropping out due to water.

Weaknesses:    Durabilty and sometimes when I got caught out in the wet for over 45 minutes the magnet started losing contact.

Bottom Line:
I have had good expirience with other sigma products but this is the second time a computer died after tops two seasons. I just twisted my computer off and it cracked! It is cool to have a twist off connection, but if you take it on and off a lot, I don't think it holds up as well over the long haul. Hate to hammer Sigma, but now I've got a Vetta so let'e over the next year or so how we do.

Favorite Trail:   Engadin Switzerland

Similar Products Used:   Older Sigma model

Bike Setup:   XT/XTR Vbrakes/Conti explorer tires/Rockshox Duke XC/German Frame called Red Bull (No connection to drink)

Submitted by Joel a Cross Country Rider from Knoxville TN

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2005

Strengths:    Packed with features for the price. Seems to be waterproof as well! Cadence kit works great, wireless system works great. Large readout, current speed always displayed. Most computers with these features cost tons more. Absolute best buy for the price. Saves two seperate tire sizes along with a seperate odometer for each, along with a total odometer.

Weaknesses:    Buttons almost too easy to press, don't have to press them in all the way to switch modes... results in flipping by the mode you were searching for from time to time. Mounting system uses o-rings which work alright. No cadence for wireless system. Wireless does not activate when you start rolling. Rubberized coating on buttons comes off quickly.

Bottom Line:
I use the wired mount with cadence on my road bike and the wireless mount on my mountain bike. I have had no problems with either one. The fact that the wireless mount doesn't start when you start rolling is a pain, but that seems to be a common gripe for many wireless systems. Today I hosed my extremely muddy bike down and purposely left the computer in place out of morbid curiosity. Many computers in this price range drop dead when it even looks like its going to rain. This computer was basically submerged and took it like a champ. I do have a few minor gripes with the computer which I listed in the "weaknesses", but for the money you can't beat this thing. I would definitely recommend it.

Submitted by Bike Lover from Corvallis, OR

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2005

Strengths:    This product is very easy to use, read and very durable. I accidently wash my bike jersey with my Sigma still inside the back pocket, when I pulled my jersey off the washing machine my sigma was OK. I was very surprise that the water did not even get inside my sigma, amazing product. Also the condence kit is very reasonable so I have one computer for my MTB and Road Bike.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is this product is very very durable, a lot of features, very reasonable price, compare to other product. Highly recommended.

Favorite Trail:   All of the mountain in Corvallis, OR

Purchased At:   Local Stores

Bike Setup:   Trek 4000 MTB and EPX Carbon Fiber 300 Road Bike

Submitted by Vicky from San Francisco, CA

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2004

Strengths:    The computer is easy to use, and the sensors don't get out of alignment.

Weaknesses:    The cadence kit is not as reliable as the rest of the computer. The wires kept coming off and finally broke.

Bottom Line:
Great if you don't want/need cadence, but the cadence kit is unreliable and not durable.

Purchased At:   bicycle odyssey