Sigma Sport BC 906 Computer

• Actual speed
  • Maximum speed

Submitted by Spec7 a Cross Country Rider from Cleveland, TN

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2011

Strengths:    Great computer, very reliable and easy to set up.

Weaknesses:    The mounting style; both how it mounts to the handlebars and how the computer mounts into the sensor bracket.

Bottom Line:
It was a great computer however I really had to be very mindful of it on the bike and always make sure it was fully seated into the handlebar mount bracket. You slightly rotate the computer to remove it from the handlebar mount. It makes for a super easy way to remove the computer however it makes for a super easy way to knock the computer off the bike mistakenly. For 6 years I did a good job of not knocking it off the bike until yesterday. I had been riding all day when I looked down to see that the computer was missing. I must have inadvertently tapped it at some point and now it is somewhere on a trail at Enterprise South mixed in with the massive leaf fall we've had. Maybe I'll find it in the spring on a random ride, but I'm going to replace it with another Cateye Enduro 8.

Similar Products Used:   Cateye Enduro 8

Bike Setup:   2010 GF Rumblefish

Submitted by MYRockhopper a Weekend Warrior from Bridgeport, CT

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2010

Strengths:    Works perfectly, easy to install, easy to use, display is very clear, battery life is long, works as it should

Weaknesses:    if I had to pick oue I would say that the mount for the magnet is only held on with rubber bands and I can see in time the rubber possibly deteriorating and breaking, otherwise I have found no weakness to this computer.

Bottom Line:
Fair price for a bike computer that works, has all of the features that I need for my rides and I would say that if someone is in the market for a decent bike computer that works like it was meant to this one fits that perfectly.

Purchased At:   EMS

Similar Products Used:   other Sigma speedos

Bike Setup:   I use this on a Trek 750 Multitrack for trail use as well as road riding, I commute with this bike about 12 miles per day in all weather.

Submitted by BhamJonathan a Weekend Warrior from Birmingham, AL, USA

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2010

Strengths:    Worked great for years. Display was clear

Weaknesses:    Sensor not strong enough. Would like a dual tire size mode.

Bottom Line:
My LBS gave me this computer when I purchased my bike. I've used it for over three years. I've had too many MTB crashes to count and this computer has just kept going. Display is clear and accurate. All informatin I'd want to see is available. Setting the computer was not a problem. Sigma customer support was great when I needed them.
What I am now looking for that the 906 does not have. 1). Support a dual tire mode, 2). back light, 3). Altimiter, 4). cadence.

Favorite Trail:   Oak Mountain State Park

Purchased At:   Cahaba Cycles

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Tasajahara

Submitted by Justme a Weekend Warrior from Hartford, CT

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2009

Strengths:    Easy to use, Easy to install, can be mounted on the stem instead of the bars and that is where I have mine, It plain old works!

Bottom Line:
A simple to use low cost computer that does everything that it claims to, what else can you ask for?

Purchased At:   Eastern mountain spo

Similar Products Used:   Sigma 500

Bike Setup:   K2 ZED, used for road riding 10+ miles per day

Submitted by Squirrelman a Weekend Warrior from Ocala/LadyLake, FL

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2008

Strengths:    Large/clear display, easy to attach/set up, lots of functions

Bottom Line:
Short of getting a GPS set-up, this should be the one and only comp. you need to monitor your progress or train with in general. My first time adding/using a comp.-took me maybe 10 mins. total to put on my bike. I had to move the sensor a couple of times-was too far away to register-user error :P

Favorite Trail:   Santos

Purchased At:   Santos Trailhead Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Can't remember brand

Bike Setup:   stock Giant Trance 2

Submitted by Wavz a Weekend Warrior from Jacksonville, FL

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2007

Strengths:    Nice display, easy to mount, and real easy to set up. Plus a sleek and nice looking computer.

Weaknesses:    None that I have seen as of yet, but if I come across any I'll update at once.

Bottom Line:
Not the top of the line, but it is a solid computer with all of the functions you need without going over the top. I've put 30 miles on it already and love it so far.

Purchased At:   Bikes Direct

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn something or other that I had to give up to my girlfriend, (She riding in the MS 150)

Bike Setup:   Motobecane 600HT, pretty much stock.

Submitted by Nunya Biz a Weekend Warrior from Raleigh NC, USA

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2007

Strengths:    Easy to install, Easy to read, gives me all the info I need and was not expensive. Seems to be quite reliable.

Weaknesses:    None that I know of yet, but have only had it about a month so far.

Bottom Line:
So far I think it is a fine little puter especially for the price. Its made in Germany and rarely does crap come from Germany. I will update in several months or if it messes up.

Favorite Trail:   Joshua Tree National Park

Purchased At:   REI

Bike Setup:   Schwinn Homegrown (Yeti Frame) hard-tail, full XTR components and Avid BB7 front disc, Mavic 223/222 rims, Holy Roller tires

Submitted by Tony Milone a Weekend Warrior from Plantation, FL, USA

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2007

Strengths:    Easy to read display. Large text is easy to see while riding. Easy installation. Nice controls.

Weaknesses:    Availability - you don't find these in many shops. Go to the manufacturer website to check out the product demo and find it online if you like it.

Bottom Line:
The Sigma bike computers are excellent. Try and find another computer with a display this easy to read.

Favorite Trail:   South Florida Roads

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Cheap no name model that works fine on my other bike - howere text is too small to read while riding.

Bike Setup:   Motobecane Elite FS

Problem w/ my Sigma BC-906...

Just purchased a BC-906 last month. It was placed on my P2, and then taken off after a month of use to be put on my Stumpjumper. I've changed the tire size and made certain the magnet is within the alotted distance but it will not log =/ what gives ? Anyone know of anything I dont... The ma ... Read More »