Sigma Sport BC 509 Wired Computer

Attach computer, set wheel size, start riding.This is just how simple a bike computer can be.The large easyTo read screen clearly displays speed, rideTime,Trip distance andTotal distance in either a fixed or scrolling mode.This isThe perfect computer for a recreational rider who wants simplicity, value, and lasting performance.Features: Auto Start/ Stop Auto conversion between MPH and KMH Large display with easyTo read icons Fixed or scrolling mode Weatherproof PC compatible Current SpeedTrip

Submitted by citiznkain

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2012

Strengths:    The twist lock attachment
O-ring fastener
easy to install/assembly

Weaknesses:    Wire harness is prone to failure.

Bottom Line:
The cyclometer itself is pretty nice. I like a simple one that tells me how fast, how far, and for how long. This more than does that for me and that's what I like. my only problem is the wire harness had failed on me and had to be replaced after 1 year of use. the twist lock is nice and tight and i haven't had the cyclometer fall off on a couple of crashes.

Submitted by Steve a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2012

Strengths:    Does what it says. Speed display and odometer work well.

Weaknesses:    Wire snaps with the flick of a finger. Lack of top speed.

Bottom Line:
I have owned a few of these 509's. I got them for free, so I guess I can't complain too much. But man, the wires on these things snap or pull out with zero force. I guess you can't expect much for a base computer.