Sette Quantum X2 Wireless Computer Computer

1.69/5 (13 Reviews)

11 function wireless computer installs on any bike without tools.

Submitted by Steve

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2013

Strengths:    nice display, easy to ready, easy to switch modes

Weaknesses:    Does not last long

Bottom Line:
I had purchased one of these from price point and after about 10months it died and would no longer pick up the wheel sensor (replaced batteries and same results). Price point (excellent customer service) sent me a free replacement (including shipping). I put on the second unit and rode happily for about 6months and now this one died the same way (you can hear the wheel sensor register an audible electronic click when it passes the magnet but will not register speed/mileage on the main unit. Switch to new batteries and same result. Sadly I can't recommend this product and just switched to a cateye strada wireless. Hopefully the cateye will last longer (it is much more expensive then the x2.

Submitted by Jesse Saathoff

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2013

Strengths:    Nice display

Weaknesses:    Have a 29er and dose not work

Bottom Line:
Need help can't find Owners manual so if you have a 29er and it works please help me with the Tire size for the computer thanks

Submitted by Abdon a Weekend Warrior from Misawa, Japan

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2008

Strengths:    Wireless, simple and to the point

Weaknesses:    No back light, stupid calorie and fat functions, poor documentation.

Bottom Line:
After I purchased this product I started looking for installation hints and found this page. I guess I was one of the lucky ones as mine worked fine from the beginning.

All I wanted was a simple wireless unit with speed, odometer, and a clock. This one also has maximum speed and trip odometer which I consider a nice touch. I wish there was a way to disable the calorie and fat counter, which IMO is a worthless feature, considering how it is little better than a wild guess. For instance, it gives you the same caloric credit whether you are pedaling uphill or coasting.

The #1 deficiency is that it doesn't have a back light. Very annoying if you ride at night.

Bottom line; for the price you could do a lot worse. Put a button with a back light so it could be used in the dark and it would be a solid 5

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   none so far

Submitted by Gordo E a Weekend Warrior from Canberra, Australia

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2006

Strengths:    big display, cheap price, easy install

Weaknesses:    Doesn't work !!

Bottom Line:
Same as others didn't work out of box.

Got intermittant signal. Sensor is working (can hear a 'tick' as magnet passes sensor). Haven't tried a new battery in sensor but will give it a go but i'm not feeling confident after reading other bad reports :(

Have emailed Sette and Pricepoint to get replacement v2 (which is "all new and redesigned" hmmm wonder why ?!?").

Caveat emptor doesn't work here as it's from a big manufacturer that should produce working products. Maybe less features, weaker build or shorter lifespan but DOA isn't acceptable IMHO.

Will post followup if Pricepoint/Sette come to the party and send a gratis WORKING V2 in good faith. have always had EXCELLENT service from Pricepoint and my other Sette products work great...will wait n see :/

Favorite Trail:   Sparrow hill

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   cateye mity 2, cateye astrale

Bike Setup:   2001 Santa Cruz Superlight, Rockshox SID

Submitted by clint a Racer from Manchester, ct

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2006

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    This thing sucks, returned one already cause it didnt work, second one doesnt work either, save your money

Bottom Line:
sux

Submitted by Will a Racer from Little Rock

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2006

Strengths:    Nice display. Easy to scroll through functions.

Weaknesses:    Doesn't work. Instruction book is difficult to read. Better to just start clicking buttons. But as I said before, it doesn't work so why bother.

Bottom Line:
Buy something else. The display looks great but it arrived with low batteries and after replacing the batteries I've never gotten the display to show any signs of talking with the transmitter.

Purchased At:   Price Point

Submitted by Mac a Cross Country Rider from South Bend, IN

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2006

Strengths:    none this thing sucks!!!!!

Weaknesses:    Every thing!! they dont work and need to be ataken off the market

Bottom Line:
THis is crap!! do not buy!!! if i couold it would have Negative Chili's

Favorite Trail:   Zig Zag

Purchased At:   Price Point

Bike Setup:   a good one

Submitted by t from Denver, CO, US

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2005

Strengths:    Cheap

Weaknesses:    Didn't work

Bottom Line:
I actually had a Sette FuturaX, but it had similar problems to those mentioned for the listed Sette product.

I won't buy another Sette bicycle computer product.

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Submitted by Alex L a Cross Country Rider from Salt Lake City

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2005

Strengths:    Large numbers on the screen

Weaknesses:    Everything except large numbers. I have already been through two batteries, had to reset the computer 5+ times, the computer only works 50% of the time, and several other complaints.

Bottom Line:
Do not purchase this product. Save your money and put it towards a computer that costs a litlle extra money. This is a true case of "you get what you pay for!"

Favorite Trail:   Any trail in UT

Purchased At:   Pricepoint.com

Bike Setup:   Rocky Mountain

Submitted by Jeff a Weekend Warrior from Warminster, PA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2005

Strengths:    Large display

Weaknesses:    It sucks. Same as the other reviews. Although the clock has functioned fine.

Bottom Line:
I replaced the batteries and still the comp had to be within 8" of the transmitter to receive the signal. I returned it for another one and experienced the same problem. My brother has had the exact same problem as well. Very poor quality and or design. DO NOT BUY THIS.

Favorite Trail:   anything not paved!

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Bike Setup:   K2 Attack 1.5 full suspension, disc's, etc.

Submitted by Rodney a Cross Country Rider from Seattle, WA

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2005

Strengths:    Big visible numbers

Weaknesses:    Once in a while it stops working for a few minutes and I can't figure out why.

Bottom Line:
I haven't had many problems. It's not the best computer out there but for what I paid, it's well worth it. As I stated earlier, it does seem to stop working for short periods at a time but it's pretty rare. And it usually only last a few minutes. I haven't been able to figure out why this happens but it does. When I first bought this, the batteries were dead. I called PricePoint and they immediately shipped out 3 extra batteries. That's what the fella below should have done. PricePoint stands behind the product and I'd purchase another one if I needed one. If you're looking for the greatest wireless computer out there, spend some real cash on one. But if you're looking for an affordable wireless computer, this is hard to beat.

Purchased At:   PricePoint.com