Sette FX-3 Computer

• Auto Trip Timer (TM) -9:59:59
  • Clock -12/24 format

Submitted by Senor StrongBad a Weekend Warrior from Spartanburg

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2011

Strengths:    It was cheap and wireless.

Bottom Line:
I like this wireless computer. I do not know it accuracy but it gives me consistant readings throughout my local trail. I know when I am supposed to be at 8mph and 18mph and the computer is there to support it. I have not found the temp to be that far off, it reads about the same as the one in my car which reads about the same as the ones in my house. I do not think the altimeter works very well as it tells me I have desended more then I have climbed, but where I ride has the same start and stop areas. It might be becuase it will go into sleep mode too quickly.
I like best that it was cheap and I did not have to mess with a wire. I have had to replace the battery once so far but this was after over a year. so I donot think that is too terrible. It stays in its place well on my handlebars, but when I am lifting and moving the bike around onto and off the car, it seems to come off easily when bumped. I think it was worth the money. I am no pro so I am not as concernd about accurasy as others. I had a cateye computer before this one and the readings were about the same.

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Submitted by AVLbiker a Weekend Warrior from Asheville, NC

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2009

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    altimeter doesn't work properly, speed indicator doesn't work properly, the clock lost 10 minutes in the first week, screen display appears and disappears randomly, input often ignored, and the thermometer reads 20 degrees high.

Bottom Line:
I would not purchase this again; the batteries were dead on arrival, and after purchasing new batteries, the fun and games began. Worthless computer. Disappointing purchase.

Favorite Trail:   Bent Creek

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Submitted by tonman a Cross Country Rider from 3 Rivers, CA. USA

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2009

Strengths:    The clock keeps time

Weaknesses:    Everything else

Bottom Line:
This computer fails miserably. The thermometer read 10 deg. high, the altimeter would not hold a reading and was wildly inaccurate. The speedo function was all over the place, varying wildly from 0 to 14mph while holding a constant speed on flat, smooth ground. Adjusting the sensor close enough to rub on the magnet yielded no better results. Price point's return policy requires "New, unused in box". I have plead my case with them, but have yet to recieve a reply. No one should buy this product.

Favorite Trail:   Holland Mountain