CycleOps Joule 2.0 Computer

CycleOps has gone a completely new direction with their Joule line. It's a computer made for the power age and is made possible thanks to ANT+. The first big thing is the Joule is not married to a PowerTap hub. The Joule 2.0 can display six categories of the 12 it has available to display. Each category has three metrics within the category. They are as follows. Power in watts and w/kg and can tell you current, average, and max. Power zone, average power zone, and max power zone. Peak power for 5sec, 5m, and 20m. WKO+ metrics: training stress score, normalized power, and intensity factor. Work measured in kilojoules, kilojoules per hour and calories. Cadence measures of current, average, and max. Heart rate measures of current, average, and max. Speed: current, average, and max. Climbing: current grade, current altitude, and total ascent. VAM: vertical ascent, current altitude, total ascent. Ride: time, distance, time of day. There are four modes or windows that can be accessed on the Joule 2.0: Menu, Dashboard mode (current ride data), reports mode, and activities mode. Activities mode can show intervals and scripted workouts.

There have been no reviews posted yet for this product. Be the first by clicking Submit a Review

Joule 2.0 vs Garmin series

Anyone have comparative experiences with these? I'm moving towards a more analytical approach to my riding and like the ANT compatability of the Joule 2.0. I have no need for mapping, just ride data analysis and long term reliability. LarryRead More »

Joule 2.0 and Edge 500: Ditch One and Keep the Other?

I'm trying to make a decision here. I have a Joule 2.0 I've read a lot about but never used, and a used Edge 500 that currently serves me well. I have a power meter on the MTB, and plan on getting one for the other bike within the year. I think my power meter (SL+) reads cadence in addition to ... Read More »

Read More ยป