Ciclosport CM411 Computer

The Ciclosport CM411 offers outstanding functionality in an economical package. This wireless cyclecomputer monitors your current speed, average speed, max speed, ride distance, total distance, and ride time, and also incorporates a clock and auto start/stop feature.

Submitted by tony accurso a Weekend Warrior from white plains new york

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2005

Strengths:    catchy name

Weaknesses:    poor mounting design, weak signal pick up, poor quality sensor

Bottom Line:
Poorly designed product. The mounting bracket broke the first time I tried to remove the computer from my bike. The bracket is only sold with a kit for 49.00, which I found unacceptable. After months of trying, I was able to obtain the bracket.Finally, after the computer worked once, the sensor housing disintigrated....almost as if the plastic was chemically damaged. It is unfortunate that after all of that time, effort and expense, I still dont have a working computer.

Favorite Trail:   Sprain ridge

Bike Setup:   turner 5 spot, mavic, xt, xtr, thompson, wtb, fox talas, ect

Submitted by Les B a Weekend Warrior from Calgary

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2004

Strengths:    Two major bike shops in Calgary only sell this bike computer. Seems like a funny strength but I bought this thinking that if the major stores sell this it must be really good.

Weaknesses:    I bought this last week and the weather was nice enough, 8deg C to get a run in on the new bike and using the new bike computer. I installed it, got it working in the Garage. Rolled the bike to the fence and it wasn't working and could not get it working again. So I rolled it back into the garage and fiddled with it. Still no signal to the computer. So I tryed to detach the computer. And not using a lot of force I bent the tab to remove the computer and it broke off. With out the signal working and the tab broke, I took it back to the store and got my money back. If if worked I could have lived with it, but in addition, the computer only attachs to the bar with a rubber band. Bad design for mountain bikes.

Bottom Line:
Parts to cheap and bad design for a mountain bike. I've since purchased the Cateye, Enduro 8 and will report back in a few months.

Favorite Trail:   powderface