CatEye Adventure Altimeter Computer

Capture your elevation gain with the simple-to-use, feature-packed Cateye Adventure.

Submitted by TomJonesFruit a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2016

Strengths:    It is black so it matches the garbage can it is currently placed in.

Weaknesses:    Umm... everything. Is POS a weakness or just a sad fact?

Bottom Line:
Got this on sale for around $30 from a large online retailer that is currently going out of business. I should have just lit $30 a fire and watched it burn. After an hour of trying to get it set up, I set it on the table for my wife to try and figure out. She is Asian and good with numbers. Definitely has more patience than me. What is sad is that I have a graduate degree in Computer Science and I still can't get in the right menu to set my correct wheel size on this POS. Oh, and the temperature/altimeter function - utter crap. You need to calibrate the altimeter before each ride. WTF? Replace the flamin' chilies with dollars burning and then I'll give it a 5 out of 5 rating.

Favorite Trail:   Hershey Highway

Duration Product Used:   Seriously? Read my review

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Other Cat Eye products

Bike Setup:   Stolen from a blind kid.

Submitted by Michael a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2013

Strengths:    lots of information
Altimiter and slope reading

Weaknesses:    Screen so small that only when not moving is safe to analyze the screen
Eats batteries, lots of them - in 8 months had to use 2 for unit and 1 for the pickup.
Instructions are a must to make changes or updates - making changes and what dimple to press is NOT intuitive!
No real buttons to make the changes
Instructions are a must to make changes or updates

Bottom Line:
Had Advanture almost a year now.
I have to reset almost monthly due to having to replace battery, or pressing unit incorrectly.
Making changes is not intuitive interms of what dimple in back of unit to press, always need instructions
Screen so small I have to look at it when not moving to really decifer the information.
Altimiter is not accurate but ok for understanding total elevation for the day climb.
First unit arrived dead, would not turn on.
2nd unt worked fine for 8 months, then the pickup would not sync with unit, so I decided to throw out and buy a new Computer.
In end, screen just way too small to read while in motion - due to safety.
also have to reset way often and replace batteries way too often..
Bought another computer with much bigger screen and now I am much happier and safer!

Bike Setup:   Pivot Mach 7 carbon 2012 all xtr, all carbon