Yakima Highlite 3 Bike Rack

Strap the Yakima Highlite Bike Rack to your hitch when you and your bikes are going on a grand adventure. This aluminum rack holds up to three bikes and its lightweight construction makes the rack easy to move around.

Submitted by Kristin Sowak

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2012

Strengths:    It looks good. It is light. Folds down and swings out of the way so hatch opens easily.

Weaknesses:    My bike doesn't fit on the rack. My women's specific slanted down tube makes it not fit. I bought a "dummy bar" so that I can use it (another $45). Problem is that I have to raise my seat every time so that I can mount it and I find this irritating as I'm always adjusting my seat. "MAJOR" weakness - I was driving a major highway and glanced back to see my bike swinging - good thing I love to look at my bike all the time. When I got out to look, the mounts had slid so they were at an angle (only had 1 bike mounted at the time). The bike had popped off the mounts one of the straps had come loose - hence the swinging - and the others were precariously holding my $4000 bike with overstretched rubber.

Bottom Line:
I'm so disappointed as I do frequent trips and this rack wasn't that cheap. I will be taking a loss and buying a new rack to protect my investment.