Thule Prologue Bike Rack

Thule Prologue Roof Rack, Fork Mount, Bike Carriers. Secure, locking skewer with intuitive-grasp clamping lever Fits disc and suspension applications with standard axle Dual-lock design locks bikeTo carrier and carrierTo rack, locks sold separately FitsThule square bars,Thule Aero bars (requiresThe Xadapt9, AR2311) and Yakima round bars

Submitted by Jeff a Cross Country Rider from Albany NY USA

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2011

Strengths:    If it has any strengths I don't know, couldn't get past the weaknesses.

Weaknesses:    Doesn't fit Thule aero bars, doesn't work with mountain bike forks.

Bottom Line:
So I go to attach this to Thule aero bars only to find that the two mounting screws up front are too long. I call Thule and they admit they are aware of the problem so they send me 4 washers to take up the slack (2 per bolt). I get the washers only to find out it needs 3 washers per bolt. Really guys??? You're engineers haven't caught these problems. So I finally get it installed (with extra washers) only to find that the skewer is so big that it hits the fork before it tightens, thus there is no way this will work with my fork. I have a normal Fox fork so I suspect it probably won't work with many mountain forks. So I guess if you have the square bars and a road bike this might work, otherwise stay away. I don't know what happened to Thule, they used to make a quality product, not anymore.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Allez and Epic Marathon

Submitted by dom98se a Weekend Warrior from Round Rock, TX

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2010

Strengths:    Everything you need in one box at a great price! Easy to install and looks great on top of my Pathfinder.

Weaknesses:    Vague instructions, but if you're mechanically inclined it should be a piece of cake.

Bottom Line:
I went online searching for another Rocky Mounts Noose SL to compliment my other on for my factory roof rack. I came across www.orsracksdirect.com and looked through their "red hot returns" and found a real bargain on the Thule 515. I could not find many reviews on the rack, but pulled the trigger anyway. I ended up getting the rack for $125 shipped after a 10% coupon and free shipping. There was no indication that the rack I had received had been used in anyway. Everything was still bagged and looked brand new.

Purchased At:   www.orsracksdirect.c