Thule Passage 3 Bike Rack

An economical wayTo carry 3 bikes on most sedans. 6-point strap attachment keepsThe loadTight and stable. Rubber cradles protect your bikes from scratches or damage Arms fold down whenThe rack is not in use

Submitted by Jaysop a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2012

Strengths:    Very solid mounted up, Hold the bikes away from the bumper pretty well. I drive a 2011 Maxima and had a problem finding a rack that held the bikes well. I bought 3 different ones before this and I have no regrets on this one. So far it hasent scratched, chipped, or rubbed the paint off. It holds steady at high speeds and sharper turns than you really should be doings. I absolutely don't regret the buy.

Weaknesses:    The straps are crazy long. Obviously for the sake of mounting of a wide variety of vehicles. I don't want to cut them but I wish it came with some kind of strap retentions. Ill probably get some web dominators to settle that out.
I also wish it came with some kind of on car security device like the yakima I had does.
I wish it was more compact so I didn't have to take it out of my car when not in use to fit a stroller in my trunk.

Bottom Line:
Pretty much this is an excellent rack option. A few things could use some tweaking for my uses. Its a 3 bike carrier but two seems tight but Im sure a 3rd would make it on. At that point though id be worried about my trunk ripping off over a bump or something.

The allen rack I had I felt like it was going to crumble. I feel very confident in this one. Just remember to check your straps. They may come a little loose driving like im forced to on Longisland.

Duration Product Used:   2 weeks