Thule Gateway 2 Bike Rack

Mount a pair of bikes on the Thule Gateway Rack 2 Bike and hit the road with a backup ride securely hanging behind your compact or full-size car. Long dual arching tubes clear small trunk spoilers while providing some breathing room between your pedal powered vehicle and car. Strong nylon straps secure the bike rack around your trunk lid so installation is quick for those spur-of-the-moment road trips. In the off-season, fold this rack flat and stash it in your trunk or a shelf in your garage, the Gateway takes up minimal space unlike other more complicated systems.

Submitted by Rebecca Rhodes a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Strengths:    Look steady

Weaknesses:    Dented my car in only one day after driving it three miles to the bike track.

Bottom Line:
Bought this bike rack which claimed to be compatible for my Honda Fit 2015. Went to a bike shop in Durham, NC 15-501 to have the people professionally installed on my car. Followed instruction to put our two bikes and drove about three miles away to the bike track. I have to emphasize that we drove all the way on highway without any bumps or holes on the road.

Came home and removed the bike rack with instructions and discovered there was a huge dent on the hatch back door. I did get a full refund but I now need to fix my car. I am still paying the car loan of this car and I am very very disappointed.