Sette Sierra 2 Bike Rack

Much like its counterpart the Sette Sierra 2 Bike Hitch Mount Rack features all of the same qualities of the Sierra 4 but just in a scaled down version. Able to carry a wide variety of bikes ranging in size from 20” to 29”inches, makes this a very versatile bike rack. Constructed out of heavy gauge steel the Sierra 2 is capable of carrying two bikes weighing up to 35lbs. each. Easy to install and remove onto any vehicle with a 2” receiver hitch.

Submitted by Brad a Cross Country Rider from Utah

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2007

Strengths:    cheap cost, don't have to put bikes on roof.

Weaknesses:    Durability

Bottom Line:
I have a truck with a shell on the bed and with a lefty fork on my bike I have to use a roof rack that leaves both wheels on the bike. I was psyched to find an inexpensive trailer hitch rack so I didn't have to lift the bikes six feet onto the roof of the truck. I knew that for $80 I would get an $80 quality rack but it turned out to be completely worthless. It fell apart on the first use. Many of the TH's are down dirt roads. I drove on a dirt road for twenty minutes when I noticed the bikes seemed to be bouncing around a lot. I went around back and all four of the loops for the tires were bent and ready to drop the bikes on the ground. I took them off the rack and tried to take the rack off the car. One of the knobs to take the rack off had broken off also, cheap plastic. I had to cut off the rest of the plastic to get a wrench on it. This rack works ok if you only drive on smooth pavement but if you ever plan to go on a dirt road look for a different rack.

Purchased At:   Price Point