North Shore Racks NSR 6 Bike Rack

Finally a rack capable of carrying 6 bikes. The ultimate incarnation of our NSR series of racks. Incredibly compact, this rack uses our patented technology to carry up to 6 mountain bikes in an amazingly efficient way. Adjustable in height, layback and setback it will fit virtually any full size SUV or truck, right out of the box. Maximum weight is now 300lbs and for heavy duty 2" receiver hitches only. Our 6-bike rack protrudes less than a 4 bike tray rack, and does not block the stop lights on most full sized vehicles. Something to consider with your expensive bikes behind.

Submitted by kasperilio a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2014

Strengths:    Easy to load and unload. Tilts back so I can get into the back of my car ('09 Saturn Outlook/GMC Acadia) with the bikes on.
Doesn't block tail lights. I can use it on my Toyota Matrix (only two bikes though).
Bikes don't move. Bikes don't touch.

Weaknesses:    Can't load a road bike, what's a road bike?

Bottom Line:
This is far and away the best rack I have ever owned. I've used trunk mounted, roof mounted, Hollywood 4-bike and the Thule T2. The T2 did pretty good with different bikes, but they all at some point had issues trying to load. I have yet to have a problem loading bikes on the NSR-6, from Large 29ers, to xs small 26ers and kids bikes.

I had a Thule T2 for about two months and sold it. It hung out way to far and with 4 bikes on it, the whole rack moved and swayed way too much. It was also hard to reach over to flip the lever to raise the rack, I'm 5'10" so probably not an issue for a taller person. Also my taillights were blocked on both the Hollywood and Thule. I bolted on some rear taillights to the Hollywood which helped visibility for people behind me a lot. But the NSR is hands down the best. If I need to carry a road bike I throw it on my roof rack or just run over it.

Favorite Trail:   Can't name just one.

Purchased At:   Northshoreracks.com