Kuat NV 2 Bike Rack

Kuat NV 2 Bike Hitch Carrier. The NV comes fully equipped with front and rear tire ratchet system, hitch lock and integrated bike cable lock. "Holy smokes, a built in repair stand for pre-ride prep, post-ride, clean up, or looking smart." Decked out with

Submitted by bikenboard69 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2012

Strengths:    Rack is very well engineered and holds the bikes securely.
Comes with integrated locks to both lock the rack to the vehicle and the bikes to the rack.
Customer service is second to none. Had an issue with my rack and they went above and beyond my expectations to make sure the issue was rectified and I was happy.
Rack is easily dropped down to open hatch when bikes are on and folds easily up when not in use.
Lots of ground clearance.
loading bikes is a breeze.
No interference issues with other bikes on rack.
Handy repair stand on rack for doing those last minute tuneups prior to a race or hitting the trail.

Weaknesses:    Wish dust caps for locks were secured to the lock. I'm sure to lose them one day.
Wish there was a protective piece at end of rack for 4 bike rack so when it is dropped down to open hatch it wouldn't be damaged from resting on ground.

Bottom Line:
This bike rack in my opinion is the cadillac of racks and when it comes to transporting my expensive bikes I am happy they are riding safe and secure on one of these.

Similar Products Used:   Saris, Thule

Submitted by Jon Wallace a Cross Country Rider from Moab, UT

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2011

Strengths:    This is a superbly engineered can constructed hitch rack. Took me 20 minutes to unpack and have bikes on the rack. The rack is super solid. Comes with hitch lock and security cables that lock together. The repair stand is great for quick trail head work.

Weaknesses:    The only thing I would change is to find a substitute for the rubber caps the cover the hitch and security locks.

Bottom Line:
This rack is worth every penny I paid for it!

Favorite Trail:   Sycamore Canyon

Purchased At:   Tree Fort Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Yakima and Thule racks.

Bike Setup:   Stumpjumper FSR 26" MTBs

Kuat NV Core ~ Can the NV 2 bike add on work with it?

I've been looking at various hitch mount racks and really like the Kuat models. I am interested in the NV Core as it's a bit less expensive and doesn't come with the work stand, plus I prefer the black color over the shinier NV. Anyone already have a Core they can chime in about? Anyone know ... Read More »

Here is a quick review on the Kuat NV 2 bike add on

CLICK HERE --> [URL="http://mybikestand.com/review-kuat-nv-2-bike-add-on/"]Kuat NV 2 bike add on[/URL] I have always liked my NV rack and now even more. About the only issue I have that wasn't posted in the review (as it wasn't noticed until much later after posting) is depending on the bikes yo ... Read More »

Kuat NV 2-bike extension, when?

When is the extension to the NV coming out? I emailed customer support, and for the first time got no response (usually Kuat gets back to me really quickly). I need 4 bike capacity by this summer. If it's not the Kuat extension, then it's getting sold and roof racks are going on.Read More »