Graber Guardian II Bike Rack

• Covered foam pads resist dust and protect vehicle
  • Hold-Downs wrap around bike frame for a tight hold. Fits all tube diameters and frame styles.
  • Arm spread design is engineered to carry most sizes of bikes (including juvenile, BMX & small frames)
  • Completely assembled -- including straps
  • Adjusts to fit most vehicles
  • Carries 2 bikes maximum
  • Pull handles make arm adjustment easy
  • Six straps with heavy duty steel spring buckles

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by micki a Weekend Warrior from maryville,tn

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2011

Strengths:    Easy to put on car.

Weaknesses:    bike moves around too much, the hold down saddles are too shallow, the bike will not stay in the saddle. I am using a bungee cord to stabilize it, but even that's not great.

Bottom Line:
    Not happy with it at all.

Purchased At:   Dick's Sporting Good

Bike Setup:   Trek 7.5

Submitted by Bill a Weekend Warrior from Hazlett, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2002

Strengths:    Installs with no problem. Held the Cannondale F600-03 with no problem, although the medium probably would hold better. Came with killer foam pads. The rubber coated hooks didn't screw with the clutch finish on my bike.

Weaknesses:    Looks much better with a full suspension bike. Bummin' that I didn't get the FS. Now I'm stuck with the hard tail. Shoul

Bottom Line:
    Rack is good. Fits nice on the Maxima. Should've gotten the FS dudes.

Purchased At:   K-Mart

Bike Setup:   2003 Cannondale F600 Stock

Submitted by Tony from Lancaster, PA

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2001

Strengths:    easy to install, foam pads, bike hold downs, cost, rubber coated s-hooks

Weaknesses:    I'm not to comfortable with two bikes on it, seems a little unstable(but it is rated for 70lbs.)

Bottom Line:
    Overall this isn't a bad rack. I have used it for about six months now and have had no problems with it. I'm using it on a 96 Integra with a spoiler and it fits relatively well and is easy on your cars finish. The only thing that worries me is carrying two bikes on the thing. It seems a little unstable with two bikes on it but I haven't lost a bike yet so I guess it's o.k.. The other plus is it's real easy to install.

Favorite Trail:   Brickerville

Purchased At:   nashbar

Submitted by Mario a Weekend Warrior from Lynchburg, VA

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2001

Strengths:    Paded arms. Rubber holders for bike frame.

Weaknesses:    Nopadding where bike touches fram. Need a couple of bungee cords to insure bikes dont move. Needs padding on "S" hooks.

Bottom Line:
    Good rack if you have a second car or hooptie that you dont worry if it gets scratched or not. I used it on my 99 mustang GT with rear spoiler and plastic trunk lid. Did not fit as good as i would have liked, and I did scratch the bumper with the bike pedal. I was unable to use the side straps on my trunk lid. It listed my car as one of the models it would fit. Works great on my old rusted out 87 Camry no problem. I dont use the side straps for side to side strength but I feel confident the bike will stay on. This is a good rack for the price but you can't expect to put this thing on without causing scratches to the bike or car without using extra pading and bungee cords. It is easy to put on and take off and it does seem to have good build quality to it.

Purchased At:   Bikes Unlimited